PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown

pox24
04-27-2015, 10:57 AM
We had dinner at the Rose and Crown Saturday night just before 7pm. I am one that loves a good time and a good party, however the Pub was totally out of control. We've eaten and drank there many many times in the 20 years we have been driving to WDW, however Saturday was the rowdiest, loudest, most uncontrolled that I have ever seen it. To the point where we all could not wait to leave. The drunks found there way to the dining room... loud, obnoxious and vulgar. We did complain, for all good that did. Thank goodness we had VIP spots for Illuminations. I will not return any time soon.

faline
04-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Sorry to hear. This spot does get rather loud and lively and there is a not a really good separation between the pub and the dining area.

baldburke
04-27-2015, 01:03 PM
Sorry to hear. This spot does get rather loud and lively and there is a not a really good separation between the pub and the dining area.

I'm sure F&G or F&W don't help. I don't mind a few drinks here and there, but the World Showcase seems to be a good alternative to a pub crawl.

MNNHFLTX
04-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Ugh. I like to have a pint now and then at the Rose and Crown myself, but I agree it gets too loud in there sometimes. I was there March 16th (the day before St. Patrick's Day) and there were a couple of guys yelling out comments at the top of their lungs while drinking their green beer. All I could do was mentally wish them a royal hangover for the next day.

Ironically, the pubs we've been to in the UK were never that loud, even late into the evening. The bar tenders would not allow it and the locals just don't get carried away as much as American tourists do when they drink.

TheDuckRocks
04-28-2015, 11:18 AM
We have seen in the last few years an increase in drunkenness during F&W and F&G from late Friday afternoons until early Sunday evenings. Last year we took our granddaughter to WDW for her 16th birthday. It was an educational experience for her as she saw a woman falling down drunk at 2 in the afternoon, a bride's bachelorette party :ack: ing in the bushes and a creepy 50 year old man in a Hawaiian shirt, with a potbelly and mullet try to hit on her. She still talks about it and how, "I don't ever want that to be me". We now avoid Epcot during those times. Sad.