PDA

View Full Version : Free dining 2015 is open for everyone.

Tink1
04-27-2015, 07:47 AM
Get a free dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted Walt Disney travel company package that includes park hopper or water parks.

Booking window is April 27 to July 10, 2015.

Arrival window
August 28 to October 2,
October 25 to the 31st,
November 8 to 19th,
December 15 to the 21st.

excludes villas a grand Floridian, Polynesian villas and bungalows, Baylake tower, mermaid rooms, movies and both French quarter And Riverside ( for select dates)

Contact magical journeys today! http://yourmagicaljourneys.com

Nanc

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-27-2015, 08:41 AM
Yea! I know a lot of people having been waiting for this.

disney1026
04-27-2015, 09:25 AM
It seems like they have limited the offer a great deal compared to last year. The room options offered at the Moderate Resorts were extremely limited. Only offered a Suite at Coronado Springs or a Pirate Room at Caribbean Beach. But maybe they will open up more rooms in the near future?

I couldn't do anything online this morning. And the telephone line keeps giving me busy signals. Thank goodness my Magical Journeys agent was on this for me!!! She was able to get through and make the necessary changes to my reservation.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-27-2015, 09:35 AM
They've really eliminated that period post Thanksgiving. In both 2010 and 2012 we were able to get free dining starting the day after Thanksgiving, now they've all but eliminated it in December, except for 6 check in days.

December must not be the slower time it once was.

Good luck to those that can get it.

Coleby
04-27-2015, 09:55 AM
So how would this work for Annual Passholders?

I don't see it on the disney website..of course I don't see much on there right now

mechanic
04-27-2015, 10:02 AM
No free dining unless you book package that includes upgraded tickets.

PopPhan
04-27-2015, 10:36 AM
So how would this work for Annual Passholders?

I don't see it on the disney website..of course I don't see much on there right now

You would probably have to book a package with tickets (with PH or/and WPF) and you could then use those tickets toward your next AP. Unless things have changed, as long as you have not used a park entry off the tickets purchased with the package, it would work like a non-expiration ticket. I am not sure how/if it would work with an AP renewal.

wdwfan09
04-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Hi! I am planning to be in Disney World Aug 24-29. Since the Dining Deal doesn't start until Aug 28th, would I still be able to take advantage of it? Thank you!

PopPhan
04-27-2015, 11:09 AM
Hi! I am planning to be in Disney World Aug 24-29. Since the Dining Deal doesn't start until Aug 28th, would I still be able to take advantage of it? Thank you!

Your check-in date must fall within the promotional period. In your case, you would have to have 2 reservations: One Aug. 24 - 27 with no free dining and one Aug 28 - 29 with free dining.

wdwfan09
04-27-2015, 11:22 AM
Thank you!

bunch
04-27-2015, 11:33 AM
That's great free dining is coming again but can you just purchase a 2 day parkhopper to get the deal or does it have to be 3 days or more?

disneymom15
04-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Any thoughts on if a "room only" discount will be announced!

mini
04-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Unless something has changed the park hoppers are one price and cover the length of you base ticket.

mini
04-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Sorry, bunch.I just reread your question and I think I misunderstood your question. I don't know the answer to that.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-27-2015, 11:46 AM

Keep in mind there is a minimum stay requirement of I believe 3 nights, so in order to get free dining for part of your stay you would need to do a split reservation AND I think extend your stay to hit the 3 night minimum.

TheVBs
04-27-2015, 12:02 PM
I'm trying to book something now online. Just keep getting a "server is busy" message.

Lizzie
04-27-2015, 12:05 PM
We have dates booked that fall in free dinning. Our Magical Journeys agent has already added the free dinning to our package.

We have more dates booked than we needed we wanted some flexibility to find fights that worked for the six of us.

We need to cancel some of the dates. Does that affect our reservation at all?

wdwfan09
04-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Keep in mind there is a minimum stay requirement of I believe 3 nights, so in order to get free dining for part of your stay you would need to do a split reservation AND I think extend your stay to hit the 3 night minimum.

I might see if we can change our dates to arrive later so that we can do the free dining. :cloud9: thank you very much for your help!

Wall-e
04-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Yay! We arrive on October 1st! Waiting to hear if Magical Journey's was able to get our POFQ reservation moved to a resort that is part of the promotion.

TheVBs
04-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Kept trying and managed to book a package! :mickey:

Coleby
04-27-2015, 01:11 PM
So happy for you all that are able to get a package. I wish that they would allow passholders to get it. Looks like we won't be going back this year. :( I know in the past they offered it to passholders, guess they lost too much money that way.

DNS
04-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Wow - Big decision here. Does anyone know what the cancelation fees would be if I book this offer for November at Caribbean Beach, then needed to cancel?

Camaro305
04-27-2015, 01:21 PM
Any thoughts on if a "room only" discount will be announced!

A RO discount is also out now as well.

Wall-e
04-27-2015, 01:53 PM
Just got an email from Magical Journey's that there is nothing available at any of the moderate or value resorts for my dates of 10/1 - 10/7. I am so disappointed, I thought I had this planned perfectly (using historical info). I wish I had started checking for something my self when I woke up at 5am. If I check daily on my own and find something can I call and make changes or am I stuck because my reservation is through Magical Journey's?

emfleck
04-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Thank you Melissa at Magical Journeys for your hard work. We had to change our trip by a month but the free dining makes it :thumbsup:.

azcavalier
04-27-2015, 03:46 PM
You would probably have to book a package with tickets (with PH or/and WPF) and you could then use those tickets toward your next AP. Unless things have changed, as long as you have not used a park entry off the tickets purchased with the package, it would work like a non-expiration ticket. I am not sure how/if it would work with an AP renewal.

The first time we bought APs, we went into a Customer Service counter at one of the parks on the last day of our 8 day trip and asked if we could upgrade to APs. They then applied the value of the trip we were currently on towards the purchase price, and along with our DVC discount, it was only another $40 to get the APs.

Of course, using APs prohibits you from free dining. We currently have APs, but they expire in May. We're going in September and snagged Free Dining, and we've talked about doing that same thing again....on the last day of the September trip trying to upgrade to APs, but we're planning to come back next fall with some friends, and they want free dining as well. So we couldn't use the APs for that future trip. We'll see...

Tink1
04-27-2015, 03:53 PM
Just got an email from Magical Journey's that there is nothing available at any of the moderate or value resorts for my dates of 10/1 - 10/7. I am so disappointed, I thought I had this planned perfectly (using historical info). I wish I had started checking for something my self when I woke up at 5am. If I check daily on my own and find something can I call and make changes or am I stuck because my reservation is through Magical Journey's?

The system is very volitile right now. We will see more availability open as people move around. Your agent will keep checking as well

Today has been hades on wheels for the agents. Disney has to have the worst computer system in the industry. We thank you for your support and your patience.

Nanc.

Hammer
04-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Today has been hades on wheels for the agents. Disney has to have the worst computer system in the industry. We thank you for your support and your patience.

Nanc.

Amen to that! I have never understood why they don't invest in a stronger IT infrastructure. The ROI created by making those improvements would be the increase in bookings due to the reduced time it would take to make a reservation.

For Nanci and the other wonderful agents at Magical Journeys, I send virtual drinks to all of you :marg::wine::beer::D !

TheVBs
04-27-2015, 04:12 PM
Disney has to have the worst computer system in the industry.

Nanc.

Isn't that the truth?! I would happily forgo a new attraction if they would please put the money into making their system work well.

TheVBs
04-27-2015, 04:13 PM
A RO discount is also out now as well.

Not seeing a RO option. Is it on their site or is it a DV offer?

Coleby
04-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Not seeing a RO option. Is it on their site or is it a DV offer?

I am getting RO as a florida resident...All Star Sports down to $77/night.

mini
04-27-2015, 04:46 PM
We already have a reservation for WL and Magical Journeys was unable to get a room discount or free dining.They will continue to look for any rooms that open up.If I would happen to find something myself I know I can book it and then transfer the reservation to MJ but I have a question. The reservation is in my name and my daughter as additional guest.If I find something on my own should we make it in my daughters name and me as guest? Will that work? So frustrated. We have been trying since 10:00am.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-27-2015, 05:20 PM
No free dining unless you book package that includes upgraded tickets.

I was wondering about this. I saw the deal on the WDW website, are they requiring you to book a park hopper option or water park option in order to get the free dining? That's the way it seems to read, but that would seem a first.

angua85
04-27-2015, 05:57 PM
And thank you Terrisue of MJ for rebooking my reservation with the new free dining. *MUCH* appreciated!

*dance!!

Coleby
04-27-2015, 05:59 PM
I was wondering about this. I saw the deal on the WDW website, are they requiring you to book a park hopper option or water park option in order to get the free dining? That's the way it seems to read, but that would seem a first.

Yes, you have to get a ticket with a park hopper or water park option to get free dining.

NJGIRL
04-27-2015, 06:04 PM
This mess is one of the many reasons I have been frustrated with Disney. They open up a discount and not only are they already at their limit on the first day but you can't even get through to them. :thedolls:

magicofdisney
04-27-2015, 10:47 PM
So happy for you all that are able to get a package. I wish that they would allow passholders to get it. Looks like we won't be going back this year. :( I know in the past they offered it to passholders, guess they lost too much money that way.
AP holders can still book, however you're required to purchase that minimum 2-day ticket. You can save that for a future AP.

Wow - Big decision here. Does anyone know what the cancelation fees would be if I book this offer for November at Caribbean Beach, then needed to cancel?
The cancellation fee doesn't begin until 45 days before your package start date. I believe it's around $200 at that point. If it's 5 days or less, the costs may go up.

We already have a reservation for WL and Magical Journeys was unable to get a room discount or free dining.They will continue to look for any rooms that open up.If I would happen to find something myself I know I can book it and then transfer the reservation to MJ but I have a question. The reservation is in my name and my daughter as additional guest.If I find something on my own should we make it in my daughters name and me as guest? Will that work? So frustrated. We have been trying since 10:00am.
Right now I have 2 reservations in my name, with the same dates. One has a RO discount and the other has free dining.

Yes, you have to get a ticket with a park hopper or water park option to get free dining.
But it can be as little as a 2-day ticket.

NJGIRL
04-28-2015, 10:01 AM
Am I the only person that hasn't been able to get through. I have been trying for over 24 hours now. This is so unnecessary. Why is Disney the only Hotel chain that conducts business like this?

Stu29573
04-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Do they ever do free dining any time between January and March?

Coleby
04-28-2015, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=magicofdisney;2454925]AP holders can still book, however you're required to purchase that minimum 2-day ticket. You can save that for a future AP.

That may be true, but our tickets expire late September and we won't be renewing because we just can't afford it this time around. So it doesn't work for us.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Do they ever do free dining any time between January and March?

Not quite. What has been offered during this time frame (we just booked under it this past January with MJ) is what they call Stay-Play-Dine.

Disney offers up all the components, accommodations, base level tickets and the dining plan and then packages it under one $$$ amount. They don't give you the actual breakdown of where you are saving the money, but from what I recall its about a 50% savings on the dining plan and maybe a slight room discount. Having done free dining discount and stay-play-dine, the free dining was the better offer, but I don't believe that has been offered during the times you mention, largely in part because of two holidays (MLK & Presidents Day) and hitting spring break weeks.

Stu29573
04-28-2015, 12:51 PM
Not quite. What has been offered during this time frame (we just booked under it this past January with MJ) is what they call Stay-Play-Dine.

Disney offers up all the components, accommodations, base level tickets and the dining plan and then packages it under one $$$ amount. They don't give you the actual breakdown of where you are saving the money, but from what I recall its about a 50% savings on the dining plan and maybe a slight room discount. Having done free dining discount and stay-play-dine, the free dining was the better offer, but I don't believe that has been offered during the times you mention, largely in part because of two holidays (MLK & Presidents Day) and hitting spring break weeks.

Thanks! We're trying to look at all the angles!

Wall-e
04-28-2015, 12:55 PM
I was able to find a room on-line yesterday with free dining. I quickly notified Karen at Magical Journey's and she jumped on the phone with Disney to change my reservation but they told her there were no rooms available for my dates. I went back on-line, the room was still available so I booked it myself. Karen canceled my existing reservation and I will transfer the new reservation to her. Clearly Disney is having major computer issues if we can both be looking at the exact same time and getting different answers. I am hoping everything will settle down in a few days.

biggun35
04-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Are all the rooms gone now? My brother's trying to book a room in Nov but the website keeps telling him there are no rooms avaiable, he's looked at all the value and moderate resorts.

garthbarth1
04-28-2015, 02:42 PM
Was really hoping for a Poly room discount for our stay in September. This will be the first year we have gone without a discount...any chance they will release more room only discounts for this fall?? Maybe I will still get a pin code in the mail?

Tank3434
04-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Actually have to say I'm glad our Dec dates aren't included in the promo! Maybe it will cut down on the crowds and people will choose to travel during the offer instead!

Stu29573
04-28-2015, 05:23 PM
We just booked our trip through Karen at Magical Journeys! We are staying at the All Star Music From Dec 15 thru 22! Yea!!!!!!:number1::mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
04-28-2015, 07:14 PM
We have had such a hard time with all of this!! Our CAA travel agent (Canadian AAA) was on hold with Disney from 0700-1530 yesterday, when she finally got to book our rooms. We wanted Coronado, but by the time she got through there was only Caribbean Beach pirate rooms left. At least we got something! We need 3 rooms- 2 adults; 2 adults; and 2 adults & 3 kids (8,6,9 months)- options were very limited for the family with kids!! Last night my brother in law wanted to splurge for a suite, which was available online on my iPad at 2130, but by the time I ran up to my computer at 2132, it was gone. King bed rooms for the 2- 2 adult rooms weren't a problem. I was up all night rechecking- the inventory was changing by the second. It was weird! And Disney won't allow you to book more than one room at a time (unless I'm missing something), so I wouldn't book all of us until we had the family suite booked. I called WDW at 0700 this morning and there was nothing available. I asked the agent if I should keep trying to see if anything opens up and she said no- once rooms are cancelled from a free dining promo they get released back into the regular queue and not back into the free dining room roster. That is very sad to me!!
:mickey:

garthbarth1
04-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Actually have to say I'm glad our Dec dates aren't included in the promo! Maybe it will cut down on the crowds and people will choose to travel during the offer instead!

Well if no discount becomes available, this is a good way to look at it :mickey:

magicofdisney
04-28-2015, 09:29 PM
And Disney won't allow you to book more than one room at a time (unless I'm missing something), so I wouldn't book all of us until we had the family suite booked.

I do have two reservations, but they were booked months apart. My first reservation was booked last November as a bounce back offer. Then I was able to get through online yesterday to book a reservation with free dining. Both reservations are in my name for the same travel dates. Like you said, booking two online at the same time doesn't seem possible.

TheVBs
04-29-2015, 07:09 AM
I am getting RO as a florida resident...All Star Sports down to $77/night.

Checked again and found it! Now we have to look at which is the better deal, free dining or the room discount. It's looking like we should keep the free dining.

NJGIRL
04-29-2015, 12:04 PM
ok...after spending the last two days trying to get through with no luck (calling almost every hour), I was able to get someone at 7 this morning only to find that I could only get the discount if I upgrade my room....even though I already had a standard room reservation. I upgraded to save $85 instead of the $153 I expected.

Then after the call I noticed that the cast member wiped off my magical express reservation. I called back and had to wait 45 more mins to talk to someone again.

This cast member told me she couldn't help me because they where upgrading the system!!!!!!!
Why on earth did they have me wait 45 mins for nothing and why are they upgrading the system after the havoc they have made in the last two days.:mad:

magicofdisney
04-29-2015, 02:13 PM
This cast member told me she couldn't help me because they where upgrading the system!!!!!!!

Thank goodness they waited for the THE MOST popular discount offering to be made this year when they decided that one... :confused:

WiltonJohn
04-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Maybe the term "upgrading the system" means "fixing the system that can't handle the overload at the moment".

Which is far more likely than scheduling some sort of system "upgrade" at point where they KNEW they were releasing a promotion.

It is Customer-service-speak for "fixing a screw up".

Come-on.... they are not totally stupid.

best,

.............john

Cinderelley
04-29-2015, 02:45 PM
They can spend all that money for the the magic band system, but they can't get a computer system that can handle the customer demand. Way to go Disney!

disneyjo46
04-29-2015, 03:52 PM
I also feel like Disney is really gouging us on this! We were not doing park hoppers this trip so now if we want free dining we have to pay for park hoppers! Also All Star Movies(where we are booked) is not included! Why would they include all the other value resorts and not All Star Movies? So Frustrated!!!!

magicofdisney
04-29-2015, 06:41 PM
I also feel like Disney is really gouging us on this! We were not doing park hoppers this trip so now if we want free dining we have to pay for park hoppers! Also All Star Movies(where we are booked) is not included! Why would they include all the other value resorts and not All Star Movies? So Frustrated!!!!

In the very beginning of free dining, only a 1-day ticket was required and tips were covered with the dining plan. They took away the tip allowance. Then they changed it to a 2-day ticket. Now it's a 2-day park hopper. Before long, it will be a length of stay ticket, possibly with park hopper requirements as well. In no way are they trying to help any of us out by offering these free-promotions. Right now people can still finagle a deal out of free dining but it won't last. :(

NJGIRL
04-30-2015, 11:01 AM
Come-on.... they are not totally stupid.

Sorry after this week I will have to disagree with you on this statement.

Cinderelley
04-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Ok, I know a lot of people are upset about the way free dining was handled this year but try to take a deep breath and remember that Disney doesn't have to offer this. Be thankful that they have offered something and that you are able to go. Many people can't. :D

Stu29573
04-30-2015, 11:54 PM
Ok, I know a lot of people are upset about the way free dining was handled this year but try to take a deep breath and remember that Disney doesn't have to offer this. Be thankful that they have offered something and that you are able to go. Many people can't. :D

Amen!

mellonaid
05-04-2015, 02:18 PM
My family had booked 4 rooms at POP in Sept. before the free dining was announced. We spent the first two days trying to get through to someone to add free dining and if we could get through, we were told they were all booked and we couldn't get it. My sister finally booked the same rooms from scratch online and when she did, she was able to get all 4 rooms, same dates, same hotel WITH free dining. After we got the confirmations on the rooms, we cancelled the original reservations. I'm thinking that their systems are messed up and can't handle modifying existing reservations. I hope everyone is able to get what they want!!

Wall-e
05-11-2015, 11:10 AM
I got an email from Karen at Magical Journey's on Saturday to tell me that she was able to snag a room at CBR with free dining for a October trip! There had been nothing available there previously, so persistence pays off! If you haven't been able to get what you want for this promo, keep looking, you never now when a room will become available. Better yet, contact Karen and she can help you find something!

We canceled our All-Star Sports w/ free dining, so I hope someone was able to get it.

John
05-11-2015, 11:39 AM
There's a reason they are called MAGICAL Journeys... [emoji41]

Tink1
05-11-2015, 04:34 PM
I got an email from Karen at Magical Journey's on Saturday to tell me that she was able to snag a room at CBR with free dining for a October trip! There had been nothing available there previously, so persistence pays off! If you haven't been able to get what you want for this promo, keep looking, you never now when a room will become available. Better yet, contact Karen and she can help you find something!

We canceled our All-Star Sports w/ free dining, so I hope someone was able to get it.

We do not give up until the Fat Lady Sings!

While most people are lounging peacefully in bed on a Saturday morning, we were up checking and re-checking reservations. The pixies smiled on us.

Nanc