PDA

View Full Version : Split stay and Magic Bands

4disneynuts
04-22-2015, 09:01 AM
I have a question that I hope someone else has done this and will know the answer to.

DH and myself are planning to stay at CBR in February for 2 nights, then staying at our timeshare for 4 nights and then back to CBR for 3 more nights in February.

We are planning to just buy 10 day park hopper tickets. So how will that work with our magic bands when we leave CBR and then check back in 4 days later. Will the magic bands still work for the days we are at our timeshare and then again when we check back in to CBR?

Thank you!

Fangorn
04-22-2015, 09:33 AM
Short answer: Yes

Nothing is actually stored on you bands. They are merely a way to access the data that is stored on you MDE account. Your tickets are there, as are you room reservations. Once you use your 10 day ticket for the first time, that ticket is good for 10 entries into the parks over the next 14 days. No different than if you were staying offsite for the whole time. When you check in to your Disney resort(s), you band will give you access to your room. You should get two sets of bands- one for each resort stay. Either band will work for either stay. You will be able to make FP+ starting 60 days before your first stay. Since you have a 10 day ticket, you'll be able to make up to 10 days worth of FP+ over 14 days starting with the check-in day of your first stay. And yes, the system will allow you to make FP+ even for those 4 days you're offsite.

The only thing you won't be able to do is charge to you room during that 4 day offsite window - since you obviously don't have a room to charge to.

Hope this helps.

Steve

bob6572
04-26-2015, 06:52 PM
After dealing with some issues on this last trip, I would suggest deactivating old bands. We had an issue with using the bands as room keys in our first stay. When I called GS to straighten out, they said magic bands from last year were our active room key and the others weren't showing up. Just the opposite of what I was told before hand.