PDA

View Full Version : Ride Plan

BigThunderFan
04-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Hi folks, I haven't been to DL in a few years so obviously there have been some major changes. What is the best approach to start the day if you are hopping and wanting to maximize rides? Assume a magic morning at DL and then over to CA 2 hours later.
I'm not so worried about the DL portion, but Radiator Springs has me all worried. Do we need to be over there well before the park opens to even have a shot to get the fastpass tickets? We are going from 10/29-11/2 and will probably hop at least two of the days, possibly three.

tinkwest
04-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Part of your plan will probably depend on what nights Disneyland will be hosting the Halloween party (10/31 for sure). That's going to determine park hours and early entry.

Take one day to go in to DCA at opening to get your RSRacers Fastpasses. You don't have to be there before park opening but being there AT opening is beneficial if you want those particular Fastpasses.

ryca1dreams
05-24-2015, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't worry about Radiator Springs Racers. We just came back and this is what we did. We got there at park opening, kind of near the rope drop. After the rope drop, I went to the FP distribution area and the rest of the family got in line for the ride. It took about 10 minutes to get the FPs, then I went to the single rider line and had to wait a bit for the family to catch up. Doing that, we were able to ride it twice that morning. It was surprisingly calm and easy. That's just one idea.

My take from this first trip is that if you want a short line to ride Radiator Springs or Soarin, get to DCA at opening and get FP. If you want to ride Space Mountain with a short line, get to DL at opening. Peter Pan was under refurb, but I hear you need to get there early for that too. Everything else seemed pretty do-able throughout the day. We were pretty stress free and it was our first visit.

Cinderelley
05-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Be aware that the place to pick up your Radiator Springs Racer fastpasses is not at the ride itself. I don't know how to explain where it is, but I'm sure someone else can come along and explain it.

ryca1dreams
05-27-2015, 10:48 PM
You'll see it as you head to Radiator Springs - it's to your left. It's near the entrance to Bug's Life area. you'll know it by the line. There is a sign for it.

dixielandings
06-21-2015, 10:29 PM
Our FPs for RSR was for after dark. And I'm SO glad - it was fun in the daytime, but it was simply magical at night. Don't sweat it - it'll work fine. And yes, the FP dist is just before you get to Bug's Land, right across from Grizzly Peak.