PDA

View Full Version : After tax season Day 3

Coleby
04-21-2015, 08:34 AM
Today was our Epcot day. After breakfast in the room and getting everyone ready, we made it to Epcot about 11. Got parked in Journey 7 (not too far from the front gate) so that was a good sign that it was not busy.

Rode the tram anyway (my children wanted to ride it) and went through bag check.

Knowing from past trips, we skipped SE and headed to Test Track. Measured my daughter and she was just a finger too small (literally, they could barely fit her finger between her and the measuring stick). Thankfully, she was ok with that. My parents came and surprised the kids. My mom took my DD and me, DW, DS, and my dad all rode test track. This was the first time that I have ridden it since the refurb.

I was pleasantly surprised! It felt so smooth and designing our car was fun, even if it did lose. Got off and went to see our photos and it never showed up on the screen for us. I hope it will come up on the memory maker like it said it would. We won't be able to get that photo again.

We decided to walk a couple minutes and went to the playground close by. It was cute and the kids enjoyed playing on it.

By this time it was time to start getting ready for our reservations at Biergarten. This was my first time doing reservations since the system upgrade and I did like it. When I booked it, I was able to say that we needed a handicap table because my parents can't do stairs and we got the table right by the door and the buffet.

This was the first time for my kids to go here and they loved watching the band play. I am so thankful that my children are not picky eaters, but I did tell them that they both had to try one new thing. I decided since I told them that, then I needed to try a new thing too, so I tried the fresh cod in mustard sauce. That was amazing and tasted so good! While we were eating the rain came down (felt like the beginning of the old movie for the seas, it rained, and rained, and rained...).

So we headed out and was able to make it to the butterfly garden, but all the butterflies were on the walls or plants to dry. Then they told us we needed to leave the exhibit because of lightening in the area. So we headed to the Seas.

There was no wait, even with the downpour of rain. After we got off the ride, we explored the seas a little and it was time to say goodbye to my parents.

After they left we took the kids to see Turtle Talk with Crush. This was the first time for all of us. The kids didn't want to sit down with the other kids, so they sat with us. I was thoroughly impressed with this. I think I liked it better than Monster's Laugh Floor.

We explored a little more and saw the manatees. They were very active and came past our window several times.

We then went to Living with the Land. It had no wait and we almost had our own boat, but there was a couple in front of us. It was very nice and my kids always get a kick out of seeing all the plants.

We then went to JIYI. Walked on. Rode. Played some and was ready to go. It looked kind of gutted in the play area because they removed the digital photo thing on the right.

We then checked the radar (it had been downpouring off and on all day) and saw that another strong band was on it's way, so we decided we needed to leave to go warm up.

On the way out, we rode SE. It is always on our must do list. Always a good time.

Made it to our car and back to our hotel where we had baths, supper and bed. Tomorrow, we are supposed to go to Magic Kingdom with fastpasses set for Wishes. I hope the weather cooperates.

faline
04-21-2015, 08:51 AM
It was a good Epcot day in spite of the rain. It was lovely that your parents were able to join you for the day.

KylesMom
04-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Isn't Turtle Talk an amazing show for the kids? I will always remember seeing that for the first time with DS - he kept saying "DUDE!" the whole rest of the vacation. :D

Although it was a rainy day, you managed to pack in quite a lot. Glad you enjoyed the new Test Track, and your ADR at Biergarten.

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Disney4us2
04-23-2015, 09:48 PM
Sounds like a great day, even with the rain. I'll have to try Biergarten some day.

Paiges
04-23-2015, 10:58 PM
Seeing the manatees is now added to our list! Last trip, we had no idea this existed. Thanks for the tip!:thumbsup:

faline
04-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Seeing the manatees is now added to our list! Last trip, we had no idea this existed. Thanks for the tip!:thumbsup:

We go to view the manatees on every trip!! They are located in the Living Seas pavilion. There are dolphins here as well but they are often hiding from public view.