PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef or Crystal Palace

biggun35
04-20-2015, 11:16 AM
DW and I are trying to decide where to eat our first night and can't decide between Coral Reef or Crystal Palace. We've never been to Coral Reef and have had dinner at Crystal Palace several times, we have ADR's for other character meals the week we are there so that's not a factor. We have no real plans for that night so the park will not be a factor either. I guess we need more reviews on Coral Reef. Neither of us are seafood lovers, we have seen the menu and found items we will like, what about the atmosphere.

awaggett
04-20-2015, 12:36 PM
We did lunch at Coral Reef--food was okay--I had the vegetarian pasta. Service was okay, but view/atmosphere were great. It was a beautiful space--glad we went, but likely wouldn't go back.

We've only done breakfast at Crystal Palace--it was good.

ThanxForNoticin
04-20-2015, 01:20 PM
In our opinion, definitely Crystal Palace. Coral Reef is one of those places that has really mixed reviews - people who love it and people who don't. We're in the latter category - actually, it's one of the few places at Disney we don't plan to go back to after a couple bad experiences with the food and the service. But there are others who love it!

Since it sounds like you are looking for something new, maybe you should give it a try and see what think!

mommy2maddi
04-20-2015, 02:21 PM
I have never been to Coral Reef but we plan to go there next week. I guess my motto is try it if you haven't before and make your own opinions. Some people love it, others hate it; that is the case with any restaurant anywhere. I've heard the atmosphere is great, that is why we are going there. If you've already eaten at Crystal Palace try something new. Who knows, you may end up with a new favorite :mickey:

taleasoldastime
04-20-2015, 04:54 PM
the only absolutely horrible dining experience i have ever had at Disney World was at coral reef so my opinion is go with crystal palace. I know its not always bad and some people enjoy Coral Reef, but my experience was just so awful.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

deedee73
04-20-2015, 11:00 PM
We have been to both on almost every trip. We love CP for the characters & diverse food buffet but if the characters are not an issue I would definitely without question choose Coral Reef. The atmosphere is quite fun from the jellyfish sconces & light fixtures & of course the huge aquarium. I have sat in various places & really all the seats were good. I love love love the Jack Daniel's chocolate mousse (a must try if you go).

I must tell you though to allot more time for this restaurant bc we have almost never been seated at our ADR. Only once was the wait horrid but don't plan on being seated here early.

missymouseworld
04-21-2015, 06:47 AM
I have had a good meal at both. Not great, but good. I would say if you are looking for a different experience and a unique dining environment, try Coral Reef. Crystal Palace had a nice character meal and we went there a few times when the kids were smaller.

What one person really likes, another may not. We tried Le Cellier one year because everyone said how great it was, and did not really like it, so everyone's tastes are different.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-21-2015, 09:01 AM
For me, there was nothing at Coral Reef that I can't get locally (main dish) as I live just in from the NC Coast, so fresh seafood is readily available.

The restaurant is very nice looking inside and view to the giant aquarium is wonderful. But we've had one time where the service was fantastic, one time where it was meh, and one time where it was so bad, we didn't tip AND asked to see the manager.

TheDuckRocks
04-21-2015, 11:48 AM
Our family are greatly divided with Coral Reef.
4 of us love it and want to return every trip.
3 of us like it, never gotten bad food and most of what we had was quite good. So they like going about every 3 trips or so.
2 of us hate it because of the noise level, but do admit they have always gotten good food.
I think the atmosphere alone is worth trying it once, I seem to always order the steak and it has been nothing but great.

VacationDisney
04-21-2015, 05:38 PM
We have eaten at Coral Reef a few times and loved all the meals we've had there.:thumbsup:

We are not buffet people so we have never had dinner at Crystal Palace. We have done breakfast there and it was fine.