PDA

View Full Version : just curious, end of cruise and waiting for return flight

paragon
04-20-2015, 09:11 AM
We will be returning from our Disney Cruise on Saturday May 2, we have a late flight home 8:40 pm, we will debark the ship around 8 am. We have transportation vouchers.
We are wondering what to do rather than wait around at the airport all day, so one party member thought of this:

Can we exit the ship, take DME to a Disney resort, and check in for the airport at that resort, then spend a few hours on or around property, and then use a Disney bus back to the airport?? We have purchased transportation vouchers for the cruise.
We are just trying to avoid a really long day at the airport.

Any ideas? Thanks.

BrerGnat
04-20-2015, 09:14 AM
No, you can't do that. What you can do is get a "day rate" room at the Hyatt inside MCO and hang out there and swim on the rooftop pool, have a nice lunch and dinner and then board your plane.

BrerGnat
04-20-2015, 09:16 AM
You can also make use of DCL's onboard airline check in to get rid of your bags, then take the DCL bus to the airport, then from there hop a cab or rent a car for the day and drove to one of the parks or whatever, then return to the airport for your flight.

paragon
04-20-2015, 09:35 AM
Thanks. The second option is what I was thinking of.

BrerGnat
04-20-2015, 11:58 AM
Your DCL transfer will only get yout from the port to the airport if you use onboard airline checkin. The transport elsewhere for the day and back to the airport will be at your expense. Just wanted to make that clear. You cannot do onboard airline checkin and bag transfer and then hop a DCL bus to a resort.

CleveSJM
04-20-2015, 01:56 PM
I'd get back to the airport and rent a car. Should be less than $50 and you can go anywhere you want.

paragon
04-20-2015, 07:03 PM
We were originally planning on the rental car for the day, but will most likely need a van, there will be 6 of us, plus baggage.

MyDisneyworld
04-21-2015, 10:38 AM
We just went on a cruise in January and had a very similar experience. Our flight wasn't until 6pm and ended up sitting at the airport all day. Our thought was to stay on the boat until they kicked us off (which we did), take the last bus to the airport then try and get on an earlier flight. Well it turns out that it was during a huge snowstorm back home and all the airports were very delayed so there was no getting an earlier flight. If I had to do again I would leave the boat first thing, ride to the airport and get a car for the afternoon.
Enjoy your adventure.

paragon
04-21-2015, 07:50 PM
So if I understand the DCL airport check in, we could possibly have our baggage checked in by DCL. I'm assuming that after we go through customs and collect our bags, we will get on the DME to the airport with luggage and they will take care of it when we get to the airport?