PDA

View Full Version : After tax season Day 2

Coleby
04-20-2015, 07:52 AM
We woke up on Sunday with a few calls from my church back home to help them troubleshoot some of the computer problems they were having before service, which didn't bother me since that is part of my job.

We got them situated and had a late breakfast because the kids actually slept in (a rare occurrence in our house). After breakfast we hit the pool. The pool here isn't anything fancy, just a regular pool with a hot tub, but it is clean and nice.

We swam and played for a couple of hours and then went back to the room for some lunch.

It was at this time that my wife and I realized we didn't pack the sunscreen or aloe. After showers and lunch we layed down for a quick nap.

Then my wife and I decided to go to downtown disney (it's not officially springs yet according to the signage) and we wanted to take the kids to T-Rex.

Before we did, we stopped by the Dollar Tree to try to find some aloe with no luck, then found another Walmart and got sunscreen and aloe. We also found an entire section of Disney clothes and stuff. This was official stuff and a fraction of the cost of what we would pay in the parks, so we found some t-shirts and stuff for us. They also had some pins that were below the $5 range!

We finally made it to downtown Disney and went into the new "Orange" parking garage. I was very impressed with the system they had going. The garage knew how many open spots were available and on what level. Made it a lot easier. They also had it where there is a light above each parking spot and if it was green, you could park there. We didn't have to search for a spot, it was that easy.

We made our way down to T-Rex and waited in line to get our name down to eat. This was close to 8 pm and they told us it would be at least 90 minutes before we got a table. (I knew I should have gotten reservations, but this was a last minute decision. I will post my review as a reply to this post.

Tomorrow we go to Epcot!

Coleby
04-20-2015, 07:53 AM
I get that this is Disney and everything, but this was not at all what I was expecting. First we went on a Sunday night and (unfortunately for us) we did not have reservations. We had to wait 90 minutes for our name to get called. I don't see why they don't use a pager system instead of calling names. We had to listen very closely for our name. Once our name was called we were ushered into another queue and had to wait another 10 minutes before our name was called again (and we barely heard them call that.)

Next we were taken through the restaurant and taken to the "Fern Forest". Our seater found us a table in the middle of other tables. My wife and I are considered Pooh sized and found it difficult to get to our table. Meanwhile another seater was trying to sit another family at a table right on the isle and was trying to push my wife out of the way to get her family sat down. When I mentioned this out loud, the seater was like, you could have gone this other way. I said, no, there were people there too. She then walked away.

We got sat down right at the time of the "meteor storm" and was explained to what was happening and that it happens every 15 minutes. We waited a few more minutes and our server came to take our drink order.

About 5-6 minutes later our drinks finally came and my cup was cracked (coca cola) so badly that the soda was pouring out the side. After finally getting my server's attention, I told her we needed a new cup and we also needed a booster seat for my daughter. Another few minutes passed and the meteor storm happened and finally my drink came back. No booster seat though.

We had also placed our orders. The kids ordered the corndogs and fruit (you get a choice of banana or grapes) and popcorn shrimp and corn. My wife ordered the stuffed chicken and I ordered the monstrous burger with waffle fries. Some time later and another meteor storm, and people who ordered their food after us got their food first. We finally got our food and still no booster seat. There is also no spoon for the corn (you only get a big fork and knife in your napkin).

My daughter (3) was trying to eat her corn and spilling it everywhere because it is difficult to get whole kernel corn on a fork from a bowl. We did ask for a spoon finally. Our server did come back a couple times to check on us, but asked so quickly and left that we barely had a chance to answer her.

I understand that it is very busy in the restaurant, but I got either bumped into or ran into 3 times at least when I was walking and this wasn't from other patrons but from the workers! Another time I got ran in to was at my own table when a worker that is as skinny as a bean pole went between our table and the next table over and he ran into my arm with his rear end and my arm wasn't even sticking out.

The environment was really cool, but really loud and busy. The food was excellent. If it wasn't for the experience that we had, we would consider going back, but I am not going to spend $50 on that experience again. We will not be going back.

faline
04-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Sorry, the dining was a disappointment. This is not a Disney owned restaurant and has their own system of seating and service.

The technology in the parking garage sounds really cool!

Hope your Disney touring brings the magic back to you!!

KylesMom
04-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Let's start off with the good . . . the kids slept in. Yay!

Next, the cool . . . love the technology in the parking deck - that really simplifies parking in what has been a crazy situation.

Now, for the ugly. I have to say that we've eaten at T-Rex on two occasions - both for lunch, and both with reservations. We all enjoyed our meals and had a much better service level than what you encountered. I am sorry that your dinner did not turn out as planned!

I am confident tomorrow will be a better day for you :mickey: