PDA

View Full Version : Best location at OKW

Laughin' place
04-19-2015, 03:13 PM
This will be our first stay at our home resort (OKW). We are staying in a one BR. Villa, and have requested to be near the Hospitality House. Does anyone have a recommended room or building that we should request ? We are renting a car, so proximity to a bus stop is not a necessity (might even be a drawback, as I have heard the buses can be noisy there ?). It is our first DVC stay, we are bringing the future mother in law, and I'd like this to be as magical as possible, so your advice is appreciated ! :thumbsup:

Maryu50
04-19-2015, 04:55 PM
We go to Disney World twice/yr and we stay at Old Key West every time! The "prime" buildings are 11,12,13 and 14. 62 and 63 are the next best locations (in OUR honest opinion)...We've never really noticed the noise from the busses. And, if you DO notice it, it's not that bad~~It's DISNEY after all!!

We prefer the pool nearest to the Hospitality House. There's a shower area, laundry area very close to the pool.

Plus, if you get hungry there's a counter service restaurant "Good's To Go". Decent food!! Oh, then there's the BAR "Gurgling Suitcase" right next door to GTG. There's also a sit down restaurant "Olivia's".

To be honest, our Home Resort is Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. But, after staying at both~~our hears belong to Old Key West Resort. Hope you have a Magical trip!!:cloud9:

Maryu50

VWL Mom
04-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Are you booked in the hospitality house category? That would be buildings 11-14 and 23-26. If not closest would be 62-64 and 27. We stayed in 25 and liked the location because it was a quick walk to HH so we would go there to get the bus since it's the last stop exiting and on the return we were the first stop. Our patio overlooked the golf course.

dlpmikki
04-20-2015, 02:08 AM
As you have requested near hospitality house I would agree that the 23 to 27 buildings are best. It is a slightly longer walk to the main building but the chance of getting better views are significant.

Mickey'sGirl
04-20-2015, 08:21 AM
I agree with buildings 23 to 27 near the hospitality house being good ones. We love OKW.

epceddie
04-20-2015, 08:40 PM
We stayed in building 14 once in a 1BR. Had a great view of the canal that runs through the golf course and the HH was a two-minute walk right across the street.

Laughin' place
04-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Thank you all for the great input. More excited now than ever.
I think I will call tonight and find out exactly which buildings we are "eligible" for by booking as we did. I believe the designation is "near Hospitality House". Once I see what buildings are in that grouping, I can see how they match up with your favorites.

TheDuckRocks
04-22-2015, 12:31 PM
As always I'm the oddball here, we prefer the buildings out in the boondocks for the peace and quite.

tjstrike
04-23-2015, 04:43 AM
No building advice but I would bump up to a 2BDR lock off if you're bringing the FMIL. :D That could get scary in the mornings !! :blush: