PDA

View Full Version : Birthday or Not...?

wdwaggie
04-19-2015, 01:16 AM
So long story short, we were originally planned to be in WDW Sept 2014 for our Grand Daughters 5th Birthday:party:, we had to postpone the trip till April 2015, are we wrong:secret: to let her wear a Birthday Button so that she gets the treatment she would have gotten back in Sept? Or just opt for the 1st trip pin button instead?:confused:

Fangorn
04-19-2015, 01:32 AM
Have her wear both buttons!

You can celebrate whatever you want, whenever you want. No one is going to ask you for proof!

We're going in 7 days and fully plan on celebrating our 40th anniversary (including pins) even though or anniversary isn't until June.

Go. Enjoy. Celebrate. Don't fret about it.

Steve

Kairi_7378
04-19-2015, 09:33 AM
You're celebrating... I think it's fine to wear both!

If it makes you uncomfortable to wear the birthday pin for the whole vacation, maybe you can designate on day to be Dear Granddaughter's Unbirthday to celebrate with the button and other special treats. (But I don't think that there's anything wrong wearing it for the whole time.)

I hope that you all have a wonderful trip!

DANAM
04-19-2015, 10:21 AM
My sons birthday is the day after we leave. I had hoped we would be there for his actual birthday but my promo code wouldn't allow. The cast member noted on our reservation anyway. I told my son pick a day and we celebrate his birthday. Every cast member I have spoken to on the phone has made it a point to mention I see you are celebrating a birthday. I say well technically no but they are very encouraging that he should celebrate. So I say go for it because Disney obviously does not mind at all.

LittleSpirit02
04-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Wear both or whatever she's comfortable with! :)

My most recent trip - I wore a Birthday pin and a Happily Ever After pin. The Friday before we left was my 30th birthday and it was also our 6 month wedding anniversary so we wrote "Belated Honeymoon" on our HEA pins. :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Not wrong at all!

Last trip, we celebrated DD's 16th birthday, even though we were a couple of months late. For us, it was her birthday trip (she'd been in the hospital on her actual birthday). We were celebrating her, and Disney doesn't mind at all!

snowflakegirl
04-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Our upcoming trip is going to be our son's first trip and we're also planning on celebrating our anniversary on our trip (our actual anniversary is in July and we're traveling in August) and the CM making our ADRs encouraged me to make sure that both were noted on our reservation, even though I said "well we're just celebrating our anniversary, the actual day is a month before our trip". She said that whenever we celebrate is our celebration. So, I say go for it!

j2k
04-28-2015, 08:49 AM
In 2012 we traveled to DW on my birthday and our first day in the parks was the day after. I wore the birthday button all week. Someone on these boards encouraged me by saying your birthday is 6 months before or after your trip so therefore you are celebrating. :)

Have her wear the birthday button. She will love it!

lawgirl
05-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Wear it and celebrate! The only thing I can add is during our last trip, we ate at Ohana and the family beside us was celebrating the little girl's bday. She had her bday pin on, and it looked like they had somewhat decorated the table. However, the server came out towards the end and asked them specifically what date her birthday was...they said it was the next week, but were celebrating now b/c their trip was over the next day. Anyways, the server kinda made a big deal over it, and charged them for her bday dessert (a cupcake with a candle) and I felt bad for them. I think that is probably an isolated case of the server being stingy, but I'm not too sure. I would just make sure beforehand that server knows that you are celebrating her bday late...just so you'll avoid any embarrassment.