PDA

View Full Version : Belated Honeymoon/30th Birthday Trip

LittleSpirit02
04-18-2015, 10:50 AM
DAY ONE - AKL/SANAA:
We started our trip by arriving mid-afternoon to Orlando Airport and taking the Magical Express to the All Star Movies. I get excited even just getting on the bus! :mickey: Upon arrival, we were able to go straight to our room since we had checked in on the Disney Experience online. Our room was in the Mighty Ducks section. It was simple and what one would expect from a value. Good shower, comfy bed... good to go! :)

We headed over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge shortly after arrival for our reservation at Sanaa. We arrived early to request a window table. As we waited, we wandered around outside looking at all the animals. The lobby of the lodge was gorgeous, as well.

Once seated, we feasted on amazing food. I think next time I'd nearly just get the bread service alone and keep ordering more bread. It was fanastic. The window table was a lot of fun, too. One bird was just relaxing up against our window for almost our whole meal.

From AKL we went to Downtown Disney to enjoy the shops. We didn't buy anything but just enjoyed wandering around and browsing. We then headed back - ready for an early morning!

DAY TWO - MAGIC KINGDOM:
We arrived at the Magic Kingdom for 9 am opening. The thrill of walking in and seeing Main Street USA never gets old. I'm truly a kid at heart! We rode Pirates first (no wait and we got our own boat!), followed by Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion and the Little Mermaid ride before our Be Our Guest reservation. We were very excited to have gotten a reservation! The restaurant was as gorgeous as anticipated. In fact, maybe even more so. We ate in the "west wing" near the enchanted flower and loved how magical it was that the server just knew where to find us.

After eating, we rodes more rides. FP for Seven Dwarves Mine Train and Space Mountain. We also went on Buzz Lightyear, TTA, Laugh Floor, It's a Small World, Philharmagic, got Dole Whips and watched Tiki Birds, Hall of Presidents before heading over the Polynesian.

We'd called O' Hana to see if there were any reservations which they said there weren't but we were curious to see the resort so we headed over anyways. We both loved it - so lush! We hope to stay there one day. We walked up to see what O' Hana looked like and asked - just in case - if there was anything for two. There was! We got seated immediately and had an amazing meal! They accommodated our vegetarian needs with no trouble. We would definitely go back here again.

We headed back to the park for our Peter Pan FP and a few more rides before the Electrical Parade (my favorite!) and Wishes. We finished the night with Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain!

Phew! :)

DAY TWO - DHS/EPCOT/MK:

Our original intention was DHS in AM, Epcot in PM. But we got carried away and added on MK after Epcot since it was open till midnight!

Started at Disney Hollywood Studios at 9 am... got a Starbucks, a photo with Donald and headed for Toy Story Mania first. The line was already 45 minutes. We waited about an hour but it was worth it. We then headed for Rockin Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, the Art of Animation Class (we drew Minnie!), Star Tours, a Mickey Ice Cream and a photo at the Singin' in the Rain post. :)
We left about 1 pm for Epcot and energized with some soda at Club Cool (we liked South Africa and Japan the best), we had a Fastpass for Mission Space and Fastpass for Test Track which we used before we ate at Urban Eats (naanwich). We walked through World Showcase and had pizza at Napoli, chocolate mousse in France and falafels from Festival Stand in Morocco. We went into the Mexico area and rode Fiesta where a CM gave us fastpass usable for any ride since it was my b-day and a belated honeymoon for us and also let us skip the line! :) We took the boat in lagoon around the WS, used FP given by CM for Soarin', Spaceship Earth, got more Club Cool, watched Turtle Talk with Crush, got Violet Lemonade (yum!) and waited for Illuminations (popcorn and ice cream as we waited).

About 9:45-10:00 after Illuminations, we headed on Monorail to MK which closed at midnight. We strategically walked down the left side of Main Street during fireworks, headed through Adventureland and got on Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean. Then we finished off our Disney trip at Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (a new high score for me!). We headed out around 11:30-11:45 exhausted but so happy!

faline
04-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Your first couple of days are terrific!! Doing three parks in one day like you did made me tired just reading about it but it sounds like it was a really fun day!!

VWL Mom
04-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Wow, you've gotten a lot done so far! How were the crowds?

KylesMom
04-19-2015, 08:12 AM
You sure made the most of your time this trip ... Lots of yummy dining and all of the top attractions. Happy belated birthday to you!

Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

LittleSpirit02
04-19-2015, 11:18 AM
Wow, you've gotten a lot done so far! How were the crowds?

The crowds weren't too bad. We got a lot done in the first hour or two the parks were open and the last hour or two before closing. That was best times for no wait lines.

The longer queues we saw would be typical - Toy Story Mania (about 45 min - 1 hr), Soarin (about an hour), Peter Pan's Flight (70 min), etc...

With a little planning and luck we only waited for Toy Story Mania (did it first thing in the morning. Still waited about an hour but I think it broke down at one point making the wait long).

Paiges
04-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Sounds sooo wonderful! Can't wait for our trip!:mickey: