PDA

View Full Version : Bongos

#1donaldfan
04-17-2015, 12:04 PM
I couldn't find any recent reviews on Bongo's. I was thinking about eating there in June. Anyone ???......:cool:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-18-2015, 10:26 PM
I would love to hear some reviews too, DH keeps mentioning eating here, but we've never taken the plunge?

Anyone have a good (or bad) experience there recently?

BrerGnat
04-19-2015, 08:39 AM
Yelp is probably your best bet to find reviews. I never hear a word about that restaurant here. I'm kind of amazed it still exists since apparently no one actually eats there. Maybe it's a front for some elaborate money laundering scheme?

Paiges
04-19-2015, 06:43 PM
If you look up Bongos on the WDW website, there are something like 1300 reviews and several are very recent.

awaggett
04-20-2015, 12:39 PM
We ate dinner here are a whim a few years ago--was very surprised. Food was good and atmosphere was fun. It's not top on my list, but I'd definitely go back.

#1donaldfan
04-20-2015, 06:23 PM
We ate dinner here are a whim a few years ago--was very surprised. Food was good and atmosphere was fun. It's not top on my list, but I'd definitely go back.

Thanks Angela !!:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
04-21-2015, 11:29 AM
If you look up Bongos on the WDW website, there are something like 1300 reviews and several are very recent.

I love Intercot - I always learn something new here. No matter how many times I have been on the official WDW website I never noticed the review feature.

Orlando Resident
04-21-2015, 11:52 AM
As previously stated, there are many reviews available online on both Yelp and Tripadvisor, the official WDW website has a link for each restaurant to Tripadvisor reviews and even shows the current Tripadvisor star rating on the official WDW website. Cool right?!

From personal experience, I dined there on my last trip for an unplanned lunch at DTD and while the atmosphere is unique and refreshing, I was not really impressed with the food quality, perhaps I was expecting too much of a real "authentic" Cuban food experience considering the restaurant's background and the Stefan family being owners of the chain. Overall it is not a bad place and if you have not tried it before it doesn't hurt to try it once and form your own opinion, just keep in mind that as with most DTD restaurants the theme is the primary focus, not the food..

FenwayGirl
04-21-2015, 02:48 PM
We did Bongos for Mothers Day lunch last year. The food is good authentic Cuban food. It can tend to be noisy, but we had seats out on the patio, so we could enjoy the music and still have a conversations. Give it a try'