PDA

View Full Version : Memorial day or 4th of July ??

minnie04
04-17-2015, 11:23 AM
trying to decide which time to go. We have done both. I just can't pick this time.. Same amount of days. :confused:

MizMissy
04-17-2015, 11:35 AM
While I have never been in WDW in the true heart of the summer, I would say Memorial Day all the way. It is crowded (it was very crowded for us in comparison to our previous September trips), but no way does it reach 4th of July crowded level. And, it may not be quite as warm :fan: as July.

disneymom15
04-17-2015, 12:37 PM
We've done both, of the 2, our Memorial day trip was by far our least favorite. We stayed at SSR and encountered many problems.
I would choose 4th of July because of the fire works show.

deedee73
04-17-2015, 12:55 PM
I have actually never been for either date but around them. I would say decide what is more important - heat level, crowds, 24 hr open, 4th of July fireworks? And base your decision on these factors. Personally from looking at crowd estimations I believe them to be similar so for me I would choose Memorial Day bc the heat/humidity should be less & to me as long as there is some fireworks that is enough for me - never seen a bad display at Disney.

minnie04
04-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Thanks :mickey: the heat I’m not too worried about since we live down here and it's a part of everything we do. It's summer pretty much all year. :fan: :faint: lol I was kind of thinking Memorial because the 24 hour park time, but It is cutting it close since my DS has a school trip the very next week. 4th of July I really like because I will have one extra day to factor in, but it always rains too. I think I’m going to just flip a coin and where ever it lands we will go..:D I would love to do both, but 3 times in 42 days could get costly

I’m going to way out the cost as well. Which time has a better deal going on now.. :mickey: