PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi Reviews Please

faberj
04-17-2015, 08:14 AM
I booked Sci-Fi for our next trip. I thought our DS might get a kick out of eating in the cars. We have never been before, how is the food and the experience.

missymouseworld
04-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Have been there a few times and my kids have always enjoyed the drive in atmosphere. Food was good, however I seem to always get the car without much lighting and can't see what I am eating.

Never was disappointed with the food or atmosphere.

Mickey'sGirl
04-17-2015, 08:56 AM
We really enjoy eating at the Sci-Fi. This is my review from last August. I give it a 5 out of 5 overall.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=206464

Foodwise it is best to order what they are good at ... Drive in food. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

VacationDisney
04-17-2015, 09:17 AM
We go to this restaurant every other trip. Love the atmosphere and the food is pretty good.

Give it a try. Don't think you'll be disappointed:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-17-2015, 09:45 AM
I've been a long-time SciFi hater. Since I do the majority of the planning for our trips, I just wouldn't book it.

Well, DD begged to go back a couple of trips ago, so against my better judgment, I booked it. And, I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't as horrible as I remembered it.

So, DD begged me again to go on our trip last year, and we did. This time it was quite good. The food was good, the service was super, and yes, it is just plain fun to sit in the cars when you eat.

I'm no longer a SciFi hater, and it we will be heading back on our upcoming trip.

SueQ
04-17-2015, 09:45 AM
My husband and I went last year for lunch. The atmosphere in there is great. The food wasn't bad.

Katzateer
04-17-2015, 11:33 AM
This is a request every trip. I always get a burger, onion rings and chocolate shake. The only other place on site I enjoy for this meal is Beaches and Cream, which we don't go to very often.

I like booking our seating so we come out at dusk or when it gets dark. One year we ate there for lunch and I felt it ruined the mood coming out into bright sunshine.

The movie clips are fun, it is dark while eating but that s the experience of a drivein.

Hope you enjoy!:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
04-17-2015, 12:01 PM
It's a great atmosphere and the food is really good !!:mickey:

DNS
04-17-2015, 12:12 PM
We love the atmosphere at Sci-Fi. Book a dinner every time we go. The food is good, but not great. I think it much depends on what you get. We have been there and not cared for our food and been there and liked it. Now we pretty much always get the same things. It never fails to make us smile a lot though.:mickey:

goofy89
04-17-2015, 01:23 PM
I love Sci-fi! Great atmosphere!

joonyer
04-17-2015, 04:36 PM
Atmosphere: 10 out of 10. Kids love it! Fun for DW and I too, cause we're old enough to remember actually going to Drive-In movies.

Burgers: 10 out of 10, when compared to other WDW burgers, (as good or better than any I've had on Disney property). Same for Milkshakes and onion rings. Can't be beat at WDW.

As for other menu items, go with limited expectations.

snowflakegirl
04-17-2015, 11:13 PM
Sci Fi is a favorite in our family. We love the theme and atmosphere and we've always been happy with the service. I know some people are not fans of the food, but honestly, I have never been disappointed in what I've ordered. We've had their ribs, shrimp pasta and burgers and a few things that they don't have anymore.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-18-2015, 08:37 AM
It is a must eat for my family. ADRs are set for June blow out celebration trip.

WiltonJohn
04-18-2015, 08:00 PM
We've always enjoyed it. Camp, kitschy "B" movie trailers....... sitting in a car eating.... what has always been good food.

Worth it, for sure.

best,

..............john

Christine
04-18-2015, 10:00 PM
I absolutely adore SciFi... Ambiance etc is awesome but 3 words- deep. Fried. Pickles. Oh my goodness they're out of this world!

wdwaggie
04-19-2015, 12:58 AM
We love Sci-Fi, one of our personal favorites, my DW has the same problem seeing in the dark cars, but it makes the atmosphere worth it. Never sat in a table, would think that it takes from the theming, but great experience overall.

Crow
04-20-2015, 01:09 PM
it was neat to try a time or two, but idk how often i would return. the clips repeat too much. if you havent been there, try it. stick w burgers and shakes.