View Full Version : 3..2..1 Time to go back Sept/Oct trip Day 10

conan617
04-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Cast of Characters
Me - Big Daddy - that's the name on my magic band :mickey:
DS - Turning 14 while in FL
DD - Turning 11 in Jan but celebrating in WDW

Day 10 - DHS and DTD

I started the morning with my daily ritual walk to El Centro. We had a late night at MNSSHP and I stopped at one of the benches along the lake and pushed all our FP+s to early afternoon. As I sat on the bench and looked over the beautiful lake, the realization that we would be leaving in 48 hours creeped in. This happens to me every trip, but and I usually squash the feelings with a Mickey Bar or a Dole Whip. This time it hit me hard. I think it was because this was my first solo trip back with DD and DS. We were having so much fun and enjoying each other and I just didn't want it to end. Rather than dwell on it further, I pulled out my phone and emailed Terrisue at Magical Journeys. She booked my bounce back while I sat on the bench by Lago Dorado. Just knowing I would be back helped crush the post trip blues before they really got started.
So with the knowledge of my return trip already booked, I returned to the room and we caught a bus to DHS. The sun was bright and it was very hot and humid. We had a FP for StarTours (not needed) and then we walked over to check Toy Story - stand by was 45 min and we like the ride but not that much so we walked over to the Great Movie ride but it was experiencing technical difficulties. We grabbed lunch at Pizza Planet and due to a pizza mishap, DD got herself a new Muppets T-shirt. Next we used our FP for RnR and then walked around and jumped in the standby line (20 min) and rode again. We used our FP for ToT, caught the Indiana Jones show and then headed over to DTD for our ADR at Raglan Road.
This was our first experience at Raglan Road and we had a ball. The dancers and music were wonderful and DS is still telling everyone about the Dunbrody Kiss.
After dinner we spent a few hours in DisneyQuest before we shopped in the Legostore, World of Disney and Days of Christmas. It was such a hot and humid day that we decided to head home and spend the rest of the evening in the pool.

dtootsie42
04-13-2015, 11:52 AM
I know that feeling when you realize you only have so much time left at WDW. Glad you made you were able to book a bounce back. :mickey:

KylesMom
04-16-2015, 03:00 PM
I know the same type of melancholy has hit me many a time when I know Disney time is short, especially when you have an extended trip. Glad Terrisue was able to nip those dreaded feelings right away. I love her for all of the happiness she has brought me, booking my trips over the years!

Although DHS has lost some of its luster, I still enjoy the thrill attractions - looks like you guys did the same!

Fun evening at Raglan Road - with a perfect ending to the day . . . pool time! :mickey:

faline
04-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Isn't it nice to already have another trip to look forward to?

Went to Raglan Road a couple of years ago and had a really fun tine there!! Glad you enjoyed it!!

conan617
04-20-2015, 05:30 PM
I know that feeling when you realize you only have so much time left at WDW. Glad you made you were able to book a bounce back. :mickey:

I don't know why I didn't think to re-book until I was sitting on that bench. It seems foolish now to be sad about leaving when I knew I would be re-booking at some point in the coming months anyway.
The real hero here is Terrisue at Magical Journeys. Not only does she put up with my constant questions and numskull ideas, but she finds discounts and bargains for me. How come everyone doesn't use Magical Journeys??:confused: