PDA

View Full Version : going in june

pabef601
04-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Should I worry about rain?

manutd1
04-11-2015, 10:52 PM
Rain isn't much of an issue at the world. Usually doesn't affect much. Except pool time. Florida and summer= rain. Everyday....a little or a lot.
But it is also sunny Everyday....a little or a lot.
I wouldn't worry.

FiggyFan
04-11-2015, 10:58 PM
I took a peek on info central, and is shows an average of 7 inches or so for the month of June. During peak summer, you can expect a brief tropical shower nearly every day, but from the stats it looks like that is not the case for June. The data on info central shows a few rainy days, and a lot of days showing either no rain or just a trace - not measurable.

BigRedDad
04-12-2015, 06:08 AM
Why worry about something that cannot be controlled?

Just be prepared. The heat, humidity, and Gulf can generate them every day in June. Typically, they are quick and over in 30 minutes or so.

1DisneyNut
04-12-2015, 07:27 AM
Why worry about something that cannot be controlled?

Just be prepared. The heat, humidity, and Gulf can generate them every day in June. Typically, they are quick and over in 30 minutes or so.

Exactly!

It is the Southeast. In the summer months we may have thunderstorms pop up on any given day. They are usually between about 3-5Pm and typically don't last very long (15-30 minutes) but it can rain very hard for that short time.

Just be prepared for it to happen and don't worry. Have ponchos ready to be deployed quickly if needed.

DANAM
04-12-2015, 05:10 PM
All the trips to Disney we have been on it has rained at least once. As others have said be prepared. I buy $1 ponchos and keep them with me at all times. Those are for unexpected showers which always happen. We pack the rain jackets and umbrellas for days we know it will rain. We don't mind it. Its a nice break from the heat. But the humidity after the rain is what I wish was avoidable.

VacationDisney
04-12-2015, 05:57 PM
We go expecting a shower everyday. We are VERY happy when it doesn't rain. We are prepared with rain ponchos and carry them with us every single day. They don't take up any room in the backpack and we have them if we need them:thumbsup:

The rain has never put a damper (pun intended) on our trips at all. It's Disney after all:mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-13-2015, 08:05 AM
When DD and I went three years ago in Mid June - we saw little rain for our 10 days. It would rain around 2pm, but we were usually in the room for down time. But that's what I'm used to as I'm from the inner coastal area of NC - and a brief rain shower between 1 and 3 PM is usual.

#1donaldfan
04-13-2015, 01:44 PM
Not at all. There are typical showers in the afternoon, then it dries off to a nice muggy evening.....I love it in June !! Can't wait to be there in 76 days.....!!:thumbsup: