PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach

We LOVE Disney
04-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Hi

We've only stayed at Caribbean Beach one time and that was in 1999. We are thinking of maybe staying there this time but know nothing about it (we are a POR family). I need recommendations as to which building is the best and why. I would think closest to the main building would be best but I have no clue.

Help please :)

buzznwoodysmom
04-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Close to the main building (Old Port Royale) is a great location, but those are preferred rooms and come with an upcharge. The three buildings on either side of Old Port Royale are preferred. That would be buildings 31, 32 and 33 in Trinidad North, and buildings 24, 25 and 26 in Martinique. These are a separate category and you must book this category to get these rooms.

We have always either stayed in one of the preferred buildings or in a pirate room (which are farthest from the main building). I have read several times that some of the buildings in Jamaica and Aruba are an easy, pleasant walk across the bridge and island (Caribbean Cay) to the main pool and Old Port Royale.

You can find a map of the resort online and see which location you would like. Then either book a preferred room or book a standard room and request a decent location. Just remember that requests are not guaranteed.

We love CBR. We love the tropical, laid back atmosphere. My kids loved the main pool when they were younger. We've always enjoyed the food court. This resort has always felt quiet and peaceful, even in the middle of peak summer months.

Goofeygal
04-09-2015, 10:45 AM
I love this resort.

Scallywag
04-09-2015, 03:33 PM
We like the Martinique, stayed in bldg. 25 last time and going to request 24 next trip ( pool view ). both are close to main pool and food. This is our favorite moderate resort. Great atmosphere, pool and food court. The rooms have all been remodeled as well.

Have fun!:thumbsup: