PDA

View Full Version : excursion question

steph436
04-07-2015, 02:55 PM
We are traveling on the Fantasy in May. My husband really wants to take a horseback riding excursion on the beach. My problem is most tours require my son to be 12. We are going a month before his 12th birthday.

Is there exceptions to the age issue if he is only one month shy of his birthday?

BrerGnat
04-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Nope. The age restrictions for everything onboard and off are VERY strict. You may have luck booking the tour on your own, if possible, rather than through Disney. You could probably fudge your son's info with the tour operator, but Disney will have his birthdate and will absolutely not allow you to book him.

Or, you can bribe your son to stay in the kids club onboard while you do the excursion.

emmatink
04-07-2015, 05:55 PM
I would agree to try to book on your own. We had to do this on our Alaska cruise for the dogsledding excursion. We were traveling with a 12 month old and cruise excursion was 2 and older. Check out the popular trip website for reference. We found a reputable company and it was much cheaper. We actually also got a group rate so it saved us money too.

steph436
04-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Thanks! I will try researching private tour groups. I also see that Grand Cayman is "tendered" to shore. I read somewhere you have to get tickets to see when you go ashore???

Anyone know how this works? i don't want to schedule a tour without knowing when we can get to shore.

emmatink
04-08-2015, 11:34 AM
I'm not really sure about the ticket thing, maybe someone else can give you info. We did book an excursion with Disney when we stopped at Grand Cayman so we boarded the tender boats with our excursion group. I am not sure if the people that have excursions booked thru Disney get off first or if it is first come first serve. Sorry