View Full Version : 3..2..1 Time to go back Sept/Oct trip Day 6

conan617
04-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Cast of Characters
Me - Big Daddy - that's the name on my magic band :mickey:
DS - Turning 14 while in FL
DD - Turning 11 in Jan but celebrating in WDW

Day 6 Epcot - DTD

I had scheduled early FP+ at Epcot, but I woke up and pushed them until late morning and let the kids sleep in. We had been on very busy schedule and I felt we needed a little bit of a late start. I got up and took our mugs to fill at El Centro and then I walked around the lake. This was really the first time I got to look around the resort and take in the beauty of the lake, vegetation and the theme. CSR is beautiful and I would not hesitate to stay there again as long as the kids aren't with me (more on this later). With filled mugs in hand, I walked the long way around the lake and made sure to stop and look at the Dig Site pool area.
Our room is in the Casitas building #4. I had requested a room closer to the Dig Site, and was initially disappointed that we were not granted our request. However; Casitas # 4 is right next to the first bus stop. When busses would come, we were first to be picked up and when we were returning at night, we were first dropped off. My initial disappointment quickly disappeared because it became immediately obvious that after a long day in the parks and getting home in the wee hours of morning, there was nothing better than getting dropped off first and walking 100 yards to your door.:cool:
After my nice morning walk, I returned to the room and woke the kids up. We took the bus over to Epcot and rode Soarin' (FP), Mission Space Orange (walk on) and then had a FP for the Character Meeting and Greet. ***Background Info*** My DS is at the age where he doesn't say much. He turned 14 a few days ago while we were at Universal and is in full-on teenager mode (I call him CaveMatt, because he will grunt at me more than actually talk :)). DD has not reached teenage mode as of yet, but sometimes Dad is not cool and so I was prepared for some "I don't feel like meeting the Characters or I don't want to get my picture taken." I got NONE of that from either of them. I had prepared a speech about "Dad wants a picture of all of us with the Characters" but I didn't have to use it and in fact, we had to swing by Mousegear and get autograph books for both of them prior to our visit. We got the the Character Spot and met Mickey, Goofy and Minnie. I have to say, I love Minnie:mickey:. She was so cute! She took DS by the hand and gave him a big hug, she "told" DD she liked her dress as they were both wearing polka-dots and I got a hug and we danced together a little bit. Mickey and Goofy were fun and I love them too, but Minnie went out of her way for us and I will forever more have a soft spot in my heart for her.:D
After our wonderful character meet, we grabbed lunch at the Electric Umbrella and then SE twice (FP once but not needed) and then played in Innoventions for awhile. We went back to Mousegears and DD found a pair of ears that perfectly matched her red polka-dot dress. The kids figured out where your picture is taken on SE and wanted to get a silly face on the big screen so we rode two more times - with funny faces each time. We had time for one more ride before we had to leave for our dinner ADR so we rode MS orange again. On the long walk out, DD and DS were a few paces ahead of me. I watched DS take his sister's hand and put it on his shoulder and then put his hand on her shoulder. The two kids that fight and fight and fight walked out of MS arm in arm (And I was quick with my phone camera and got a picture of it):thumbsup:
Our ADR was at 1900 Park Fare. My earlier concerns about teenagers and character interaction were now gone and we had a BLAST with the Step Sisters. They flitted around and before I knew it, one of them asked my DS if he was available. He didn't quite understand what she meant so I told him, she wanted to go an a date with him and he blushed and said politely, no thank you.:blush:
Dinner was done and the kids asked to go back to DisneyQuest so we caught a bus to DTD and stayed until DQ closed. A trip through the Lego store and more time in World of Disney before we caught a bus and headed home for the night

faline
04-06-2015, 12:20 PM
What a terrific day!! It's nice to know that your kids are still really kids (Disney tends to bring that aspect out for everyone) and that siblings truly do love each other!!

dtootsie42
04-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Awesome! So glad you did not have to give your dad wants speech. I remember all to well when our one daughter would not interact with characters when she was a teenager. Now that she is almost 26 when she looks back at pictures she wants to know why she is missing, we remind her that she was a total brat on that trip :)

KylesMom
04-15-2015, 09:04 AM
I think it was a wise decision to let the kids sleep in and recharge this morning. It sounds like you were rewarded with some very special moments later in the day. It doesn't get much better than this! :mickey:

conan617
04-20-2015, 05:14 PM
What a terrific day!! It's nice to know that your kids are still really kids (Disney tends to bring that aspect out for everyone) and that siblings truly do love each other!!

I told DS and DD before we left that I was going on vacation too. If I wanted to goof around, be silly, laugh or try to get picked to be part of a show, then I was going to do it. I figured I have to be the responsible adult for most of the year. I'm going to "let it go" (sorry) on vacation.