PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten (sp?)

pabef601
04-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Is this a Character dinner? This a new try for us.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-05-2015, 08:48 PM
It is one of our favourites!

It isn't a character meal. It does have a German band that plays, but no characters.

It is supposed to feel (and does a pretty good job) like you're at a German beer garden. There are shared tables of 8, and a buffet of German food.

disney1026
04-07-2015, 08:34 AM
Our family really enjoys this restaurant. We eat there at every trip. If there are children traveling with you, they will likely get a kick out of being able to dance with the German Oompah band and the show!

mydisneygirls
04-07-2015, 10:26 AM
We went there for the first time last year. Although we enjoyed the atmosphere (and glad we tried it once), we didn't care for the food. I know a lot of people like it here, but I thought the meat dishes had a heavy vinegar taste to it and the meatloaf was german bologna shaped like a meatloaf. Wasn't really crazy about any of it (but that's just my taste buds talking).

SurferStitch
04-07-2015, 12:07 PM
You will love it!!

DH and I had gone to WDW for quite a few years before we tried Biergarten. We were driving down a day earlier than planned about 5 years ago, and needed a place to eat in Epcot on our "pre-trip-night". I found a great ADR at Biergarten, and we tried it out.

We had a blast!! It's now a must-do for us. We always each get a 1 liter beer (I love the Hovels). The food is very good. I'm not much into sausages and such, but I always find a lot of things there to love. The salads are excellent, and there are plenty of things to enjoy without going heavy on the meat. The carving stations are very good, and the desserts are delicious.

Go in with an open mind, an empty stomach, and ready for plenty of music. Sitting with total strangers is so much fun for us, and we really had a great crew when we were there in October.

SBETigg
04-07-2015, 12:07 PM
I think it's a fun meal that everyone should try once. No characters, but it's a buffet, so there is plenty of food and you should be able to find something you like.

That said, I'm with a previous poster that it's not quite my usual taste in food. It's very sausage/brat/wiener-heavy and lots of denser foods, vinegary salads. Once was enough for us. The atmosphere is great, though, like a Bavarian village at night, and the band keeps things lively and fun. I did enjoy the black forest cake, and a few other dishes. Kids seem to really love this place. You get bonus points for spelling it right! :)

#1donaldfan
04-07-2015, 02:39 PM
I think it's a great meal worth trying at least once. We have been several times and love it. The food, service and atmosphere is incredible. Very much worth it even though it's not a character interaction the show is fun !!:thumbsup:

azcavalier
04-08-2015, 08:45 AM
This was the first restaurants we ever ate at in WDW. We hated it.

However, we have since broadened our horizons, and plan and giving it another shot soon. The posted menu looks pretty good.

#1donaldfan
04-08-2015, 01:07 PM
This was the first restaurants we ever ate at in WDW. We hated it.

However, we have since broadened our horizons, and plan and giving it another shot soon. The posted menu looks pretty good.

I'm glad you're giving it another shot. It has one of the best atmospheres on property and the food is very good. :mickey: Side note//// you're from Blacksburg but like the Cavaliers ??? How does that work ???

joonyer
04-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Personally, I love the food at Biergarten. It's right up my alley. My wife, not so much.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-08-2015, 09:00 PM
It's a fave for my family (have an ADR for upcoming June trip). But my husband works for a German company, my kids all took German in HS, and the twins graduation trip was to Germany /Switzerland/Austria/Lichtenstein. It is the nearest I've found to our Beer Garten experience in Munich (but in my area of eastern NC, Outback is exotic).

azcavalier
04-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Side note//// you're from Blacksburg but like the Cavaliers ??? How does that work ???

I'm *from* just outside of Charlottesville, went to college out west, put my wife through medical school at the U of Arizona (thus the "az" part of the email/username), and 8 years ago she took a job...in Blacksburg. I now am faculty at Virginia Tech (and got a Masters here), and so have grown to love the Hokies. But I still have a soft spot for the Cavs.

Truth is, my "azcavalier" online identity is so intertwined in everything I do, it would just be a nightmare to change it at this point.

#1donaldfan
04-09-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm *from* just outside of Charlottesville, went to college out west, put my wife through medical school at the U of Arizona (thus the "az" part of the email/username), and 8 years ago she took a job...in Blacksburg. I now am faculty at Virginia Tech (and got a Masters here), and so have grown to love the Hokies. But I still have a soft spot for the Cavs.

Truth is, my "azcavalier" online identity is so intertwined in everything I do, it would just be a nightmare to change it at this point.

I completely understand. I am actually from Charlottesville but love VT and actually graduated from Liberty. Good to meet ya !!

azcavalier
04-09-2015, 02:40 PM
I completely understand. I am actually from Charlottesville but love VT and actually graduated from Liberty. Good to meet ya !!

If you're ever on campus here in Blacksburg, come in the library and say hi! First office (on the left) inside the main entrance! You'll know it's me when you come in the office and see my Stitch animated cel, my photo of Cinderella Castle with fireworks, and the architectural rendering of Cinderella Castle on my wall. That and my shelf full of Disney books.

#1donaldfan
04-10-2015, 12:52 PM
If you're ever on campus here in Blacksburg, come in the library and say hi! First office (on the left) inside the main entrance! You'll know it's me when you come in the office and see my Stitch animated cel, my photo of Cinderella Castle with fireworks, and the architectural rendering of Cinderella Castle on my wall. That and my shelf full of Disney books.

I will keep that in mind. We are in the area from time to time, yet mostly after hours of school operations. Maybe we'll see ya sometime at Biergarden as that was the nature of this thread .... hahaha !!:thumbsup: