PDA

View Full Version : 3..2..1 Time to go back Sept/Oct trip Day 1

conan617
04-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Ok - I just booked my flights for my Sept 2015 trip so I thought I better get my trip report from last Sept done before I have to write up my pre-trip report for this year :blush:.
My pretrip report for 2014
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=206079

Cast of Characters
Me - Big Daddy - that's the name on my magic band :mickey:
DS - Turning 14 while in FL
DD - Turning 11 in Jan but celebrating in WDW

Day 1 - Arrival and Citywalk at Universal
We flew from Appleton to Chicago at 9AM. I travel frequently through O'Hare on business and it seems there is always a problem at ORD. Well this trip was no exception. We got into Chicago without any trouble but while trying to walk over to C concourse we hit a wall of people. Apparently somebody left a bag unattended in the B concourse and the whole area was being evacuated and on lock down. I mean bomb dogs, armed security - the works. We stood on lock-down for about an hour before all clear was given. Once the airport was clear, I took the kids to the VIP lounge (all the work trips paid off) and they felt like high-rollers. Flight to MCO was smooth and we got our rental car and drove to Loews Royal Pacific uneventfully. Checked in, but since my credit card got hacked last summer I had a new CC number and so my park tickets, express passes and Blue Man group tickets didn't match my reservation so we had to go to Universal CityWalk and straighten it all out. Which was no big deal since we were going anyway. Funny story - Universal sells magic wands that will interact with certain spots in the Harry Potter lands. The wands are sold pretty much everywhere (not just HP lands) and my daughter wanted to buy her wand so she was ready the next morning. She looks around at all the choices, but wants to confirm the interactive vs standard and asks me "Dad, which wands are interactive?" Some lady standing next to her says, "you know they don't work outside of the park." To which I said, "well that goes without saying. Otherwise, they would probably charge more than $50 bucks for them." I thought that was funny, but my sense of humor is warped. Anyway, my daughter spent loads of her money that night and then we got our tickets/passes all figured out. We took the boat back to the hotel and then the car to Walmart and loaded up on snacks etc. Lastly, we hit the resort pool and had a ball.

faline
04-03-2015, 01:47 PM
The Royal Pacific is a nice resort. Glad you made it out of Chicago!!

KylesMom
04-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Ya gotta love O'Hare - NOT!

Glad you finally ended up where you were supposed to be - in the pool at your resort. Looking forward to reading your reports! :mickey:

conan617
04-20-2015, 05:02 PM
Ya gotta love O'Hare - NOT!

Over the last year, while flying for business, my flights were cancelled 3 of 4 times and I had to drive the last leg or spend the night and try to catch a flight in the morning. I've since started flying through Minneapolis or Detroit.