PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

SallyMcQueen
04-01-2015, 01:44 PM
So we leave for our very first trip to the West Coast in 4 days! Problem is I can't decide on tickets for DL. We only have 2 days in Anaheim and I just don't know if I want to pay for the park hoppers. I've been to WDW several times and wouldn't even think about not getting them there. I'm to the point where I need someone to just tell me what to do.

TIA for your input.

NewDVCowner
04-01-2015, 02:53 PM
I would put the money into getting a park hopper. The two parks are very close together (short walk across a courtyard) so it's really easy to go between them. Plus, the fast pass systems are not connected between the two parks so you can have active fast passes at each park. What I'll often do is start at one park and then when it gets too crowded I'll head over to the other park for a while and then jump back to the other. I'll very easily go between the two parks five or six times a day.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
04-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Ditto -- they are so close together that you can essentially treat Disneyland and California Adventure as one big park. I would never go there without a park hopper. I think you'd really be missing out on the ability to move around on a whim.

SallyMcQueen
04-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Well dang. I think you two just talked me into it. Thanks!!

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
04-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Have a fun time!

2Epcot
04-02-2015, 04:58 PM
I would get the Park Hopper tickets. I would also start at CA Adventure Park and get Fast Passes for Radiator Springs Racers first. Those will be the first Fast Passes gone between the two parks.

As others have said, the closeness of the parks makes it easy to go back and forth. You can leave one park and be in the next before you would most likely have even got on any of the transportation at WDW.

faline
04-02-2015, 05:27 PM
We just got back from 4 nights at Disneyland and purchased 4 day park-hopper tickets. In actuality, we never used the park hopper feature during our stay As someone who often park hops in Disney World, it was somewhat surprising it worked out that way but it did.

MNNHFLTX
04-02-2015, 05:42 PM
I think you could get by just fine without the park hopper. With two full days and provided you are willing to get into the parks at opening (or early entry, if you're staying onsite), you could do one park per day. It's just really important that you get in California Adventures bright and early so that you can ride Radiator Springs at least once and then get a Fastpass for it later in the day. Then get your Fastpass for World of Color (unless you're doing a dining package that includes a WOC Fastpass).