PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hours

baldburke
04-01-2015, 12:18 PM
In seeing the pics of the new lava pool at the Poly many noticed that the hours on the gate reads 10am to 8pm. Of course there was discussion about that being too early and that pool hours are adjusted seasonally. It is published anywhere what the pool hours are through the year? Additionally does anyone know Disney makes the jump to go from closing at 8pm to say 9pm or 10pm? Thanks!

BrerGnat
04-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Usually it will be until 10 the whole summer, as well as high attendance times. I think the sign on the gate can be changed. But if not, the schedule you get when you check in will have the pool times listed for the week.

JoDisney
04-01-2015, 07:13 PM
I dislike the limited pool hours at all the resorts. If Disney is requiring lifeguards at all hours, then they need to pay lifeguards for the later hours. Their guests are on vacation and should be permitted to swim after the parks close, as permitted in the past. This is a vacation resort. People are on vacation. I'm almost certain Disney can afford to pay lifeguards for the later hours at each resort. :swim:

manutd1
04-01-2015, 07:49 PM
our last visit....Last Early fall...the pools were open at POR way past when the lifeguards left.
I think folks were still swimming at 11. Obviously at some point the pool closed. How late? Not sure.

BrerGnat
04-01-2015, 08:08 PM
The quiet pools at all the resorts don't "close". You can swim in them into the wee hours, provided you are not causing too much disturbance.

baldburke
04-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Aren't all WDW pools now either gated or set to be gated?

Katzateer
04-02-2015, 07:10 AM
The pools aren't open when you get back from the parks. My daughter went down to the pool a couple of times last August between 10 and 11 pm and the sign said pool closed. She was very disappointed. We used to get in the pools all the time later at night. As long as kids weren't screaming and no loud adults we never had a problem swimming at midnight without a lifeguard.

I agree about being on vacation and having lifeguards. At least until midnight. On vacation you want to enjoy the pool. They should have one pool open at each resort for later swimmers.

Katzateer
04-02-2015, 07:14 AM

The value resorts aren't. I don't think the Grand Floridian is. Not sure about all the others. Art of Animation and Yacht and Beach Club are the only gated pools I have seen.

DisneyGiant
04-03-2015, 12:52 PM
The main pool at the Boardwalk stays open after 10 pm - the lifeguards leave & lock the slide gate - but you can swim at your own risk there.....

There is always a few families swimming at that time, and we have seen Security walk through from time to time.

We have been going in July lately, so I can't speak to other times of the year......

VWL Mom
04-03-2015, 01:41 PM

The value resorts aren't. I don't think the Grand Floridian is. Not sure about all the others. Art of Animation and Yacht and Beach Club are the only gated pools I have seen.

As the pools are being redone, the gates are being added. WL is now gated and Poly is supposed to be once done. BLT is another gated pool.