PDA

View Full Version : WL Construction Permits Filed 3/31/15

VWL Mom
04-01-2015, 05:32 AM
Copies of construction permits were filed yesterday with a 2017 expiration date. Could this be part of the rumored VWL expansion? Many sites are reporting it is and it will be following the Poly's lead with hotel to DVC conversion and over the water Teepee accommodations. DVC News is also reporting the possible addition of Club Service rooms similar to AKV for DVC.

Personally I'm not a fan of the overwater buildings at the Poly and think they break up the views. It saddens me that they will be doing it at WL (if in fact they are). I usually take my coffee out to the beach every morning and watch the sun rise, I guess I'll be taking lots of photos in May since my beautiful view may be short lived.

Ian
04-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Hmm what's next here? Beach front homes at Yacht and Beach Club?

This seems like a trend that could become a big eyesore if they aren't careful.

Hammer
04-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Hmm what's next here? Beach front homes at Yacht and Beach Club?

This seems like a trend that could become a big eyesore if they aren't careful.

I agree, no need for the Teepee accommodations. I would be surprised if they did add them, though, as there hasn't been a rush to book the Poly bungalows since they use so many points.

I am fine with the conversion of existing floors like was done at AKL, especially if it adds a club level option. I think they will have no trouble having those rooms booked.

PirateLover
04-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Ya know... All this time I didn't even think about how the bungalows affect views. We even walked the grounds at the height of construction last year and couldn't access the beach. Why I didn't make the connection is beyond me. I recently saw some photos from a friend trying to catch the Electric Water Pageant at the poly and man-I agree-total eyesore! No more beach front rooms!