PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading new Hoppers to AP and impact on FP+

Biggeek
03-31-2015, 04:30 PM
We have an upcoming trip that I already purchased 8 day hoppers for. They are all registered and FP+ selections made. I just learned that we will be able to fit in a trip over Thanksgiving as well, so I want to upgrade the Hoppers to APs..
I know we can do that (I assume at customer relations outside Epcot - where we will be our first day) so we get full credit for the upgrade price to APs. ... correct?

The bigger question is one of how will upgrading the existing tickets to APs have on the already in place FP+ selections? This will be our 6th trip since FP+ went in and always seem to encounter an odd problem.. losing selections for some party members.. magically disappearing and reappearing FP+s ..

.. anyway anyone upgrade existing tickets to APs before and was there any impact on existing FP+ res?

disneymom15
03-31-2015, 04:53 PM
We've done it twice, no impact what so ever.
worked flawlessly.

Biggeek
03-31-2015, 11:59 PM
Did you do the upgrade at customer relations outside or inside the park after you entered?

Fangorn
04-01-2015, 01:29 AM
In October we did the upgrade from 10day tickets to AP. We did the upgrade outside the parks prior to using the tickets for the first time. No problem with the upgrade and no issue with fp+.

Where we did have a problem though was with the expiration date of the APs. After the upgrade, and several hours later, I checked MDE and it showed the expiration date of our passes as July 4 instead of October 1. July 4 was the date the 10 day tickets were purchased. The CM had neglected to update the date. A quick visit to guest services fixed the problem. But hang onto the paperwork you get when you upgrade, and verify the expiration dates on your MDE account.

Steve

disneymom15
04-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Did you do the upgrade at customer relations outside or inside the park after you entered?

We've done it both ways. First time we activated our passes, when went to customer service later in the day. Second time we went to CS before entering the park.

DizneyRox
04-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Fast passes aren't tied to your tickets, they are tied to your MDE account. You just need to have tickets on your account in order to make FP selections, you don't need to use those tickets for admission.

Biggeek
04-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Thanks everyone! I totally forgot they were actually tied to the MDE account.. that's why i can rotate any of my magic bands day to day and they all work.. lol

At some point they're going to have to allow us to actually delete things from our account rather than just 'deactivate' .. my family's is getting way cluttered now..