PDA

View Full Version : Bog

pixiesmimi
03-31-2015, 07:37 AM
Bummed about not being able to get reservations for BOG dinner. Our 180 days opened up today and I got up early to try to get dinner reservations for BOG. Nothing available even at the start time for reservations. I kept trying on line and then called. I was told that dining reservations opened at 6:00 a.m. eastern. But on the phone they said they didn't open until 7:00 eastern. So I waited and called back exactly at 7:00. 30-45 minutes waiting time. But I was told by the automation that my 180 days didn't start until tomorrow. :confused: I was able to make all my reservations on line today except BOG. So what is up with their computers? Anyone else have this problem? Can they really already be booked up even before opening reservations for that day at BOG? So frustrated. :( We have been 3 times since they opened BOG and never have been able to get reservations for dinner.

Pirate Granny
03-31-2015, 08:37 AM
Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful...keep trying something may open up. They now have ADR's for lunch, we prefer their lunch menu anyway...hubby said he doesn't need a beer with dinner.

pixiesmimi
03-31-2015, 09:07 AM
We have already done lunch and were not impressed. We have been wanting to try dinner for a long time and are taking some family with us for their first trip. We were hoping to take them there for dinner. I will keep trying but really confused about the opening times and the fact that it was already booked up before it even opened for our 180 day mark. I guess people going before us booked this week also. It is just so frustrating that it is so hard to take a vacation to WDW now and make reservations anywhere, even 180 days out. Rant over. :blush:

I will just keep trying.

Oh, and ironically, Cinderella's Royal Table WAS available. Guess that tells you how popular BOG is.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-31-2015, 09:32 AM
I am sorry - getting BOG is quite the challenge.

We had the same thing, the automated system when you call in was convinced my 180-days wasn't until the next day, even though it wasn't.

We finally did get BOG, unfortunately, there is no "secret" other than to keep trying. It gets trickier for dinner, with the early closing nights at MK, there are less times available for those without the party tickets.

mustBgoofy
03-31-2015, 11:00 AM
Don't give up! We scheduled our trip with just 73 days before we leave. NOTHING we wanted for ADR's was available. I was playing on my phone one night, with dining reservations, and there were 3 available dinner slots at BOG for the date I wanted. Keep checking!!:chef::magic:

pixiesmimi
03-31-2015, 06:16 PM
Thanks! I will keep trying and hope to get something. I called this afternoon and was told to keep calling and trying online the week before our trip. I am going to try every day until then. After getting up at 4:30 this morning so I could be online exactly at 6:00 (5:00 central) I was very surprised and frustrated that it was already unavailable immediately upon opening and a 45 minute wait on the phone by which time I figured it would be gone anyway. DH asked if it might be because the computerized Dining site thought that our 180 days started tomorrow but I was able to get everything else so that doesn't fly. I was able to get the Fantasmic Dinner we wanted at Hollywood and Vine that wasn't available this morning so there is hope. :)

faline
03-31-2015, 06:57 PM
On our trip last year, I didn't try for Be Our Guest when our dining time opened up. Much later, I began to reconsider. Of course, nothing was available. One night, I checked again just for fun and found availability which I booked. Keep trying. (On a similar note, we were going to Disney with my brother's family several years ago and they wanted to bring out nephew to Chef Mickey's. They got a breakfast reservation but it was so late it really would have interfered withe day's plans. By checking every day (sometimes several times per day), I was able to get a reservation for the day we wanted at a more reasonable time just days before our arrival.

It might not happen but I think persistence often pays off!! Good luck!!

Pirate Granny
03-31-2015, 08:57 PM
How many people...that sometimes is the issue...we had ten, and it wouldn't take it on line...would only take 9, so I booked two reservations, one for 9 and one for 1. If they couldn't combine at the dinner, I would've sat with hubby cause you know there isn't a table for one, and had the rest of our party eat together. But they squeezed us into the same table (and I do mean squeezed). Good luck, we must be in town around the same time as our window opened up on Monday. We are only eating at Narcoosees on Saturday the 26th...no dinner scheduled for us for the MNSSHP for that Tueday, as that would cut into our trick or treat time :party:

forever a child
04-02-2015, 08:18 AM
I just booked Lunch at BOG for Oct 1st. I really wanted to get dinner reservations too. I have had lunch there twice and it was ok. Nothing special other than checking out the place. So I was hoping that dinner would be better. I went ahead and booked the lunch for my niece since it will be her first time visiting WDW and she loves Beauty and the Beast. Otherwise I would have just selected something else. Once I can log on to my account again, I will keep my eyes pealed for a dinner time opening up!

RedSoxFan
04-04-2015, 12:59 PM
YES -- Keep trying. I just booked my trip last week for June and was able to get an dinner ADR for BOG. Was so surprised and not expecting it.:mickey:

mechanic
04-04-2015, 07:29 PM
I just pulled up dining app. Out of curiosity, randomly plugged in july 6. A very busy time of year. ( 92 days from now) they had openings for dinner at bog, plus dozens of other choices. Some were late or early, but i easily could have booked a good meal for 2 or 4 people.
I try to be flexible, and ive never had trouble finding a spot to eat

MrPeetrie
04-04-2015, 09:17 PM
Pixiesmimi, good luck. Keep trying. We were able to get ADRs for lunch, but we really preferred breakfast. Nothing yet.

I have noticed the online Dining Reservation page to be a bit "buggy." I did find a work-around that helped us (sometimes), but admittedly, much time has passed and this information may longer be useful.

Normally, from the Dining Reaervation page, I'd scroll down to the restaurant for which I wanted ADRs, click the ">" and go to the restaurant's individual page, select DATE, TIME, PARTY SIZE and SEARCH. If I received a nothing-available message, I'd try another way.

From the Dining Reservations page, select all your filters from the top tab (i.e. Park, time, party size,) then from the top right, click FIND TABLES. This is from the Dining Reservation Home Page.

It will then take you to a list of ALL restaurants in that park that fit your criteria with available time slots open. This is how I made my Be Our Guest ADRs when the first way stated "Nothing Available."

It's a long shot, but it may help.

Katzateer
04-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Yes, just keep trying. I wasn't able to get a dinner seating for 3 trips and finally last December I checked everyday the week before we were leaving. A day before our flight, I got a dinner seating for a night that worked for us. We had a very nice dinner. Good luck!:thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
04-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Pixiesmimi, good luck. Keep trying. We were able to get ADRs for lunch, but we really preferred breakfast. Nothing yet.

I have noticed the online Dining Reservation page to be a bit "buggy." I did find a work-around that helped us (sometimes), but admittedly, much time has passed and this information may longer be useful.

Normally, from the Dining Reaervation page, I'd scroll down to the restaurant for which I wanted ADRs, click the ">" and go to the restaurant's individual page, select DATE, TIME, PARTY SIZE and SEARCH. If I received a nothing-available message, I'd try another way.

From the Dining Reservations page, select all your filters from the top tab (i.e. Park, time, party size,) then from the top right, click FIND TABLES. This is from the Dining Reservation Home Page.

It will then take you to a list of ALL restaurants in that park that fit your criteria with available time slots open. This is how I made my Be Our Guest ADRs when the first way stated "Nothing Available."

It's a long shot, but it may help.

Yes, I have been checking every day and checking both the ways you suggested. I found out that the first day I was trying to get any reservations that it was easier to find them going through the top filter rather than down in the individual restaurants for some reason. It kept showing only a lunch reservation at 2:20. I called Disney Dining to see if maybe they had something that wasn't showing up on the computer. She had that same time frame open only. Strange that no one wanted to book lunch at that particular time because it kept showing up several days when I would check. I keep checking every day as part of my routine hoping to happen upon one. Thanks all! :thumbsup:

forever a child
04-07-2015, 10:24 AM
DD was able to book BOG for her upcoming May trip. She got 4 for breakfast and she was really excited. :mickey:

mommy2maddi
04-11-2015, 12:12 AM
Definitely keep checking online. We are going in two weeks and were able to get a dinner reservation about a month after our 180 day limit started. We changed the dates of our trip so I was sure we had lost our chance to eat there but alas, there was an opening! Good luck!!:mickey: