PDA

View Full Version : Room Recommendation for FQ

Cinderelley
03-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Which building do you like at Port Orleans French Quarter? I'm thinking about a water view, but not 100% stuck on it. We are going in January, so we won't be swimming.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-29-2015, 09:24 PM
I do love building 5, either a garden or water view. It is super close to the main building, but with a lovely view.

We do often get a pool view, just so we're really close to the building.

But, it is a small resort, so there really isn't a bad location in the place. On our first trip, we were in building 4, overlooking the garbage bins, and even that was just fine. :)

Cinderelley
03-30-2015, 05:02 AM
I found a youtube video of a garden room. I'll have to decide which kind of room to get now. I was thinking the water view was the river, but we could get the pool also. hmmm.

joonyer
03-30-2015, 11:42 AM
I used to try to decide if a preferred view was worth spending extra $$ or not. But then after a couple of WDW trips, I realized we never are sitting in our room looking out the window. We sleep, shower and change there, and that's it.

Now when we go on a cruise, I will gladly pay more for a room with a veranda. I love sitting out and having breakfast there, but at WDW, we simply don't spend our time like that.

And at POFQ there are no private balconies, just the outside walkways. Plus at night, you won't be able to see the river anyway. I find it more enjoyable to take a walk up to Riverside and back than looking out a window. I don't think it's worth the extra $$ at POFQ. But your mileage may vary. ;)

Cinderelley
03-30-2015, 04:22 PM
Joonyer, I thought about your point and decided, that for me anyway, it depends on the resort. At Pop, I love being at the backside of the 50s section so that I can see the fireworks. I LOVED looking out at the trees at Port Orleans Riverside and wandering across the bridges along the river. At the Poly, CBR and Ft. Wilderness Cabins, I didn't really care to look outside.

I definitely don't want to see trash cans.

I found a youtube video that showed a garden view room. There were some trees, but mostly you saw the building next to you.

kakn7294
03-30-2015, 04:38 PM
Both of our stays at POFQ have been in building 4 with a standard view - we were directly across from the bus stops which may be noisy for some but we were just fine with it. It was a short walk through the gardens to our room every night! Our view was of the parking lot and bus stops but with a large garden in between to lessen it. I'm not paying for or all about the view so it was fine with me. If it really matters to you, book a river view.

#1donaldfan
03-30-2015, 05:43 PM
I suggest a standard room anywhere. The resort is so small that all rooms are great regardless if they view a garden or the water. We love it there and will see it at the end of June !!! :thumbsup: