PDA

View Full Version : Room/Bldg Recommendations for SSR

BigRedDad
03-29-2015, 07:46 AM
We just booked a 1BR villa at SSR. It s not a resort we ever thought about staying at. Nothing wrong with the resort itself. We just thought it was way out there. Since we drive down now, we do not have much of an issue with location any more. We received a deal that could not be beat. It was slighlt more than Pop Century and almost the cost of one 7-day ticket we need than Coronado Springs. Plus we get a kitchen, separate bedroom, and close to DTD for pin trading.

We will have a car and primarily only use a bus to MK. Parking and travel times to AK, Epcot, and DHS is faster by driving. We will be using the pool and walking to DTD often during the afternoons and early evenings.

What building would you recommend for proximity to the pool and DTD?

sassafras
03-29-2015, 11:51 AM
After avoiding it like the plague for several years, we tried it and discovered we love Saratoga Springs. Congress Park is fairly close to Downtown Disney and has a pool. That being said, we prefer The Springs due its proximity to the Carriage House, gift shop, food court and restaurant. It's right across from the main feature pool and spa, and there is a bus stop right there. Also, drink refill stations at the pool bar and in the food court which Congress Park doesn't have. Plus the boat docks right behind the carriage house which will take you to Downtown Disney and back. Hope this helps!

BigRedDad
03-29-2015, 12:48 PM
Thank you Sassafras for the information. I would have never stayed there without the deal and the decision to go this Summer. Every where I look and read, people have loved it. Looking at pictures and videos, it looks great. We are going to have a blast, especially with DTD right next door.

Disney4us2
03-29-2015, 05:15 PM
We stayed in a studio in Congress Park. It was very nice, but too far from the main building. For that I drove since we had our car. We did use the quiet pool and that was nice with a great view of the river to DTD.

Hammer
03-29-2015, 09:13 PM
I own DVC at SSR and we really like it there. We like to stay in the Grandstand area as it is usually the first stop, which makes it easier with my Mom's wheelchair. That area's pool has a kids play area and a poolside bar.

Another thing you get with staying in a 1 bedroom is a washer and dryer, which we love having at our disposal. Very easy to throw a load in before going to bed!

Crow
03-30-2015, 01:33 AM
never really appealed to me either, but gf said she would like so got it for 3 nights in June..Ill see how it is. and keep an eye on this to see what area...now i would love to stay in the Treehouses, but the price is out of my league

BigRedDad
03-30-2015, 03:34 AM
@Crow, I never thought about staying there either. When my wife threw out that she wanted to go to WDW this Summer. I was looking for deals. Coronad was only about $100 more than Pop Century. Then I cast a bigger net. I got offers for some studios at OKW, SSR, and AK Kidani. This was all well and good until I found out Studios do not have a washer/dryer. I figure we will go through 2-3 sets of clothes a day with the heat, humidity, and getting wet to cool off.

I started looking for good DVC renters and was sent a message for a 1BR at SSR for $1,800 for 7 nights. Wow, great!!! After researching, it was most likely a scam. Researching some more, I got a message from someone I rented from previously. She said a friend just loaded up that auction site with confirmed reservations. It was OKW or SSR. I chose SSR, made an offer, and accepted the counter. We got it for $1,300 for 7 nights. Pop Centure Standard Pool view is $1,040. Coronado Springs Standard room is $1,266.

I have looked at reviews, pictures, and videos. People that have stayed there love it. The main complaints are the size (spread out) and the lack of Disney theming. We will have a car so size is not an issue. If there is not enough theming, then DTD is a short distance away.