PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex Restaurant

Catzle
03-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Do you have to have reservations to go here. We tried and it shows no availability. Can you just walk up and wait.

AgentC
03-28-2015, 04:13 PM
You can walk up and wait. You can also call the restaurant directly for reservations. They (as well as Rainforest Cafe) are owned by Landry's and as you get closer to the dates they often have no availability in the Disney system but they do at the restaurant,

merlinmagic4
03-28-2015, 08:37 PM
We've been able to get in without a reservation. I'd say go early... before 5pm. It worked for us!

#1donaldfan
03-30-2015, 06:03 PM
We've been there several times and never had a reservation and never waited more than 10 minutes or so. We have only eaten there in the summer months and typically around 7 PM. :cool:

NJGIRL
04-11-2015, 09:31 PM
I strongly recommend reservations. it's usually packed at dinner, with a long line waiting to get in. As Cindy mentioned call them directly and you will get a reservation. I was told long ago that Disney only gets a few reservations from the Rainforest & T-Rex and that is why they always show as sold out. I have called 180 days out and Disney had no availability, then turned around and called the restaurant directly and got one. I call directly and always get the time that I want.

manutd1
04-11-2015, 09:59 PM
If you get there before 5pm...NO ressies needed.
If you want to eat at 6..then I would. We eat there very often and always eat at say 4:50 ish....and have never had more than 10 min wait.:thumbsup: Its all about the time you want to eat.

manutd1
04-11-2015, 09:59 PM
We've been able to get in without a reservation. I'd say go early... before 5pm. It worked for us!
"All day everyday "at that time!!:thumbsup:

Orlando Resident
04-15-2015, 09:36 PM
Reservations are recommended but NOT REQUIRED. They nearly always accept walk-ins as most DTD guests do not have ADRs and the restaurant is HUGE with multiple dining rooms. You can also call the restaurant directly for priority seating ahead of your arrival.

lawgirl
04-23-2015, 09:44 PM
We've never had ressies and usually had about a 10 minute wait for dinner. It's a fun (but very loud) place.

One caveat though. We had taken my son several times (toddler age) and it was great. He alwasy loved it, no issues. We tried to take my daughter this past time (at age 2) and she was completely terrified. We had to bolt out of the restaurant as she was going nuts. I felt like such a bad mom! Thankfully the staff was very understanding. If you have little ones, I'd definitely let them look in and kinda walk around before committing to a meal.

TheVBs
06-08-2015, 11:20 AM
I've been trying to get a dinner reservation here with no luck. I highly doubt we will make it there before 5 for an easy (easier?) walk in, but we can try. I'm trying to decide if it's worth calling the restaurant directly, or if we just take our chances.

AndrewJackson
06-08-2015, 11:23 AM
I've been trying to get a dinner reservation here with no luck. I highly doubt we will make it there before 5 for an easy (easier?) walk in, but we can try. I'm trying to decide if it's worth calling the restaurant directly, or if we just take our chances.

It's definitely worth calling the restaurant directly.

Rapunzel384
06-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Today was my 180 day and I logged on right at 5AM (CST) to make all of them and T Rex was the ONLY restaurant I had trouble with getting a dinner reservation (except if I wanted to eat at 9PM...). My husband called the restaurant directly and had no problem getting a 5PM reservation for the day we wanted so you should definitely call them directly!

TheVBs
06-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Okay, it's settled. I'll call them directly! Thanks for the advice! :mickey:

Rapunzel384
06-08-2015, 02:34 PM
Related to the T Rex restaurant- our dinner there in December will be the first time eating there and we will be eating there with our almost two year old. We are aware that it is loud, as many people have told us that, but how scary is it? He has met "characters" such as our baseball team mascot, Goldy Gopher and many Star Wars characters at our baseball teams Star Wars night (he LOVED Darth Vader in fact) and does not seem scared of them at all- he has loved all of them. He plays with toy dinosaurs but has not seen any dinosaur movies. I feel like he will do alright, given he seems to do well with characters in general, but I am not sure since my husband and I have never been there ourselves. What do you all think?