PDA

View Full Version : Is Steven Tyler at RnRC right now?

Goofy4TheWorld
03-27-2015, 11:06 PM
A friend of a friend has sent my wife a picture of Steven Tyler standing in the gift shop of RnRC. The friend is at WDW right now.

Could it be true?

Call me a skeptic.

AgentC
03-27-2015, 11:45 PM
A friend of a friend has sent my wife a picture of Steven Tyler standing in the gift shop of RnRC. The friend is at WDW right now.

Could it be true?

Call me a skeptic.

Steven Tyler's Twitter feed has pictures of him on the Tower of Terror and with Snow White today.

Tekneek
03-28-2015, 07:30 AM
I guess you get the entire elevator for your own party when you're a VIP.

SurferStitch
03-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Wow! Very cool.

It's always a neat experience too see or meet celebrities in the park. I got to chat with Neil Patrick Harris in the buffet line at Biergarten in December of 2013. He was so nice!!

DisneyGiant
03-30-2015, 01:27 PM
Never saw a celebrity at WDW ever.

Aren't most of them usually VIP'd for their safety and for the rest of our safety?

BrerGnat
03-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Never saw a celebrity at WDW ever.

Aren't most of them usually VIP'd for their safety and for the rest of our safety?

They travel with a "vest" (VIP CM) but they are out in the open for the most part. They backdoor into most attractions unless they are doing a PR photo op out front.

I saw Diane Keaton at Disneyland. She was just standing there outside a gift shop in Tomorrowland, waiting for her grandkids to get off Star Tours. She was with a "vest" but nobody recognized her. My husband did. I never would have looked twice at her. She totally blended in.

Kerry823
04-15-2015, 11:11 PM
We were there in March and in line ready to get on Splash Mountain. A group of about 25 people entered the platform where riders usually exit and were all wearing the same shirts with the name of a tour in it. There were 2 vests and a couple other people. There was also a young woman who looked like she was going to give a concert. Supposedly wanted to be incognito (sure;)) especially with all those people advertising your tour and the body guards. The Disney workers could not tell us who she was. I had no idea but googled the name of the tour after and it was Ariana Grande. Someone might want to let her know that if she wanted to not be recognized, she probably could have dressed down a bit and dispensed with the entourage wearing matching shirts. Disney would be a pretty easy place to blend in and go unnoticed....if that is what a celebrity really wants.

i'm grumpy
04-19-2015, 12:46 PM
:rotfl: What a way to not draw attention to herself.

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-19-2015, 03:53 PM
I actually think that WDW and DL are great places for celebrities to go and not be noticed. Everyone is so concentrated on everything else going on around them, that people watching becomes secondary if you're dressed "normally"! As long as you don't have a camera following you around the parks, you can blend in quite easily. :thumbsup:

LittleSpirit02
04-19-2015, 06:04 PM
My mom saw Gary Sinise in DL walking outside Soarin' one trip. Don't know if he had a vest/CM with him or not...

NJGIRL
04-20-2015, 04:23 PM
I've seen Dolly Parton (DHS) and Kevin Nealon (MK) just walking around...that was years ago.

My friend was sitting at a table next to Richard Gere at the Brown Derby.

Orlando Resident
04-20-2015, 08:21 PM
I used to work at a WDW Deluxe Resort and frequently saw high profile VIPs staying at the hotel and walking through the lobbies, everything from pop stars, to governors, pro athletes, CEOs of major companies, and everything in between. most often they were with a small group to help them blend in and a vested VIP CM. Celebrities vacation at WDW more often than people think, they just do a great job at blending in and in cases of HUGE celebrities WDW provides backstage access if requested to stay out of public sight. As CMs we were trained to NEVER talk to any guests about celebrities on WDW property if asked, this is a basic policy for most companies to protect guest privacy.

mcjaco
04-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Ah the Steven Tyler sightings.

My sister literally bumped into him when leaving the washrooms by Peter Pan. My nephew was having a complete meltdown in there, as Steven walked in. I guess he made a bee line right back out, and crashed into my sister.

She was so shocked, she didn't even think to say anything. Other than reporting that he's very short.

Ms. Mode
05-07-2015, 09:51 AM
DH spoke with Barry Bonds at the BOMA on New Year's Day 2012; they were standing in line to get an omelet. :thumbsup: