PDA

View Full Version : larger room questions

biggins
03-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Hi all! We are trying to re-plan a trip that we had to cancel last year. It would be my husband, myself, nana, grandpa and my almost 4 year old. Last time we were looking into a dvc one bedroom at the beach club. But, they will not take a 5th person over 3 yrs old in the room. I then looked into the few Deluxe rooms in the various deluxe resorts but they seem to be booked often.. I know we can get two standard adjoining rooms, but we wanted to all stay in one room but a bit larger. Has anyone stayed in any of those deluxe rooms and liked them? We would like to be near the MK or Epcot. Thanks for any advice!

AgentC
03-24-2015, 09:23 PM
A few people replied on your other thread about 1 bedroom DVR that do hold 5. If you want to be near Magic Kingdom and Epcot, Old Key West wold be your best DVC option.

As far as the deluxe rooms that hold 5, in the MK area you have the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary and the Polynesian. For Epcot area resorts you have Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk. I have stayed in all of them with 5 people. Usually you will get 2 queen beds and a day bed. The rooms are fairly spacious but it is just one room and one bathroom.

When we travel, we have 3 adults and 2 children. The deluxe resorts have always worked well for us. Our favorite is Yacht but I think it comes down to which resort theme you like the best and where you want to be. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I"ll try to come back and answer.

Cinderelley
03-25-2015, 07:08 AM
Have you considered a Fort Wilderness Cabin? There's a bed in the living room and the bedroom has a bed and a bunkbed.

deedee73
03-25-2015, 03:52 PM
If you truly want to be in one room definitely do that - we did this same thing years ago when I was in junior high & i loved the extra time with the grandparents early in the morning & at night.

We have stayed at the Poly several times & utilized the daybed (which is truly comfy even for a pooh sized adult). We are planning on doing this again our next trip however it will be my son (almost 4 at trip time) to be in the daybed. The only downside is of course the bathroom. If that doesn't bother you than pick your fav & book it. The rooms themselves are quite spacious. And I know Poly had adequate drawers & living space for all our stuff. I would suggest packing a power strip - there's never enough plugs for all the tech stuff.

Remember that Disney hotels have siderails available for toddlers - just request one. Glad you are getting to go on your trip.