PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hopping

Lizzie
03-24-2015, 10:46 AM
We are going this fall and staying at a value resort. My parents are going and are staying at a deluxe they want to bring my kids over to swim in their pool. I told them it wasn't allowed.

Are you allowed to swim in another hotels pool if you are there with a guest at that hotel?

Strmchsr
03-24-2015, 11:20 AM
That's no problem at all. If your parents are guests at that deluxe then they can absolutely bring your kids to swim with them. The pool hopping issue is just for people trying to go to pools at a resort that they have no affiliation with.

joanna71985
03-24-2015, 02:16 PM
It might depend on the resort. I know Yacht and Beach Club check the magicbands at the gate to the pool

Strmchsr
03-24-2015, 02:18 PM
It might depend on the resort. I know Yacht and Beach Club check the magicbands at the gate to the pool

Do they do that with kids or just the adults? Last time we went to Stormalong-Bay they checked mine and my wife's room keys but not our sons. That was before Magicbands, though.

Lizzie
03-24-2015, 02:51 PM
I imagine my kids will take off their magic bands whenever they can. But I don't like to cheat the system its nice to know the rules. And to take a kids to a pool to swim and than be told they can't is always hard. Should I call the hotel and ask? I am not sure where they are going to stay right now.

Strmchsr
03-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Should I call the hotel and ask? I am not sure where they are going to stay right now.

That's probably the safest plan to prevent any hurt feelings later.

Pirate Granny
03-25-2015, 07:56 AM
No band, no admittance...I've seen people turned away, claiming they will go get their band, to have the entire party leave never to come back at SAB. And then we see them in the quiet pool instead at the BCV. Obviously all aren't staying at the resort. That is the one pool that you will never be able to swim at without staying there.

mydisneygirls
03-25-2015, 10:27 AM
I think that is the reasoning behind putting up fences around the pools. Does anyone know if you need your magicband at the WL pool?

Tinkerbella16
03-26-2015, 07:30 AM
Are they staying at YC/BC? They are very strict. We went to BC one night for dinner last trip. Afterwards, we roamed and took pictures of the resort... walked over to Stormalong Bay and immediately the lifeguard came over and asked us if we were staying there and if we weren't, we couldn't even go near the pool area. He was nice about us just checking it out real quick for a photo. WL has a fence now so I am assuming they are going to be the same way.

manutd1
03-26-2015, 10:40 AM
If someone is a guest...they 110% can bring the kids to their pool. We have done it many times and never a problem. My parents stayed at The Contemporary and we were at POR. We dropped the kids off to them and they swam all evening.

Lizzie
03-26-2015, 01:14 PM
I don't think they will be staying at the yacht and beach club. I am thinking its gonna be the Polynesian or the Boardwalk.

SueQ
03-26-2015, 02:46 PM
WL has a fence now so I am assuming they are going to be the same way.

When did they put the fence up? We were at WL last March to have dinner and there wasn't a fence then. Before we had dinner we went out to the pool area and had drinks at the pool bar. Plus we walked through the pool area to get to the boat that goes to MK.

BrerGnat
03-26-2015, 03:21 PM
When did they put the fence up? We were at WL last March to have dinner and there wasn't a fence then. Before we had dinner we went out to the pool area and had drinks at the pool bar. Plus we walked through the pool area to get to the boat that goes to MK.

They just renovated the entire pool area recently. The pool bar is still accessible outside the fence.

BowTie7
03-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Do kids stay free on a resort reservation? Is it possible to have the kids listed on their reservation?

baldburke
03-27-2015, 12:51 PM

I believe all WDW pools are fenced now according to FL code. We went to the Poly in August 2013 and the pool was unfenced. We returned to the GF November 2013 for a wedding and the they had gates. The workers at the GF said they were recently added for compliance reasons. However it makes sense to cut down on pool hopping. The Poly pool will have gates when it opens (hopefully!) next week.