PDA

View Full Version : Which One?

SueQ
03-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Which is the better choice???

POFQ
POR
Coronado Springs

Also do all of these resorts usually have the room discounts when they are available?

We're going October 24th to 31st.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-22-2015, 07:33 PM
They are all good choices. I'm a POFQ fan, since it is a smaller resort, but you can head over to POR for a change (or a larger foodcourt, and TS restaurant).

But, it is rarely included in discounts. I would choose either POFQ or POR, since you can use the amenities at both, and the boat to DTD is a great perk.

AgentC
03-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Oh tough choice. I like all three for different reasons.

Coronado has more dining options, an actual sliding door dividing off the room from the bath area and really beautiful landscape especially the lake. It is big which can do a down side but really no bigger than POR. Another minus for some is it is a lttle more out there on its own compared to POR and POFQ which you can walk between and you also have the boat that goes from then to Saratoga, Old Key West and DTD. If you have kids Coronado has an excellent play ground and good arcade.

POFQ is small and easier to get around. It's pool has a cute them but is rather basic. I find it too be a very romantic resort especially in the evening. The food court area is smaller than most.

POR has the bayou and the mansion area. It is larger than POFQ and some rooms are a 5-10 walk from the main area. The main pool is nice. The Royal rooms are really cute.

Really I think they are very comparable. I'd first decide if you want compact tor large. If you want compact go with POFQ. Then decide if being close to DTD is important, if it is do POFQ or POR. After that I would look at pictures of the resorts and decide which feel you like the best. Have fun choosing!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
03-23-2015, 09:56 AM
If you have kids in that 5-13 year age or so, the pool at POR, with its slide, is by far and away the better of the pool options. Also with regards to pools, POR does have quiet pools and FQ I believe does not. We make use of both, so we definitely like POR, and we are a family of 5, so until CBR, it was our only moderate option.

AgentC
03-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Also with regards to pools, POR does have quiet pools and FQ I believe does not.

Correct. POFQ only has the feature pool.

Maddie
03-25-2015, 09:48 AM
POFQ small quiet and beautiful. I like having the boat to downtown Disney option as well. It is just something different!

mydisneygirls
03-25-2015, 10:30 AM
Keep an eye open...that is when free dining has been offered the past couple years.

If this is so, POFQ is not usually included in the free dining offer.

joonyer
03-25-2015, 12:34 PM
Keep an eye open...that is when free dining has been offered the past couple years.

If this is so, POFQ is not usually included in the free dining offer.

Sometimes, it is. We got Free Dining at POFQ this past Christmas week (Had to check in by Dec. 23) Saved us a bundle, since the room rates were at peak anyway (no room discounts).

mydisneygirls
03-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Sometimes, it is. We got Free Dining at POFQ this past Christmas week (Had to check in by Dec. 23) Saved us a bundle, since the room rates were at peak anyway (no room discounts).

Thank you! Good to know.

Tinkerbella16
03-26-2015, 07:13 AM

Did you have pin code? POFQ/Riverside were both excluded from free dining last year. We got lucky and got a pin code and were able to apply it to our POFQ reservation. But that was the only way.

Also OP, POFQ was excluded from the room discounts for the summer so I am sure they will do the same for the fall. You have a better shot of getting a good deal at CSR or Riverside (if they don't exclude it for FD again). POFQ does not have a problem selling rooms so it almost always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to discounts.

#1donaldfan
03-26-2015, 11:28 AM
FQ is by far the best Moderate, just shy of Riverside. They are both great with my leading vote to FQ as it's smaller, quieter and much more relaxing. COR would be the third of those choices.:mickey:

joonyer
03-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Did you have pin code? POFQ/Riverside were both excluded from free dining last year. We got lucky and got a pin code and were able to apply it to our POFQ reservation. But that was the only way. . .

Yes, we did get a pin code, I should have made that clear. We got it by email offer and through snail mail. We had already booked (through Magical Journeys) and just had to move our check-in up by a couple of days. It was worth changing our dates, since it saved us a bundle of food.

brownie
03-26-2015, 03:20 PM
Out of the three, Coronado Springs gets my vote.

manutd1
03-26-2015, 08:47 PM
POR Alligator Bayou One of the best resort areas on property.:thumbsup:

Crow
03-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Coronado is my fav of the mods...more options for food, nice pool, spa. its on my list for next trip in June

hauntedmansiongirl
03-27-2015, 05:24 AM
Your best chance of a discount is Coronado. As far as I know it has never Beene excluded from discounts. It is a great resort- the Mayan themed pool & waterslide is amazing, Pepper Market food court has a big variety of food, the buses are usually less crowded (because convention guests are busy during the day), the pools are less busy during the day , and the landscaping is gorgeous.

We love Riverside, Alligator Bayou side, as well. Another great food court, beautiful landscaping, boat ride to downtown Disney, Yehaa Bob the piano man at the River Roost bar Wed-Sun evenings, nice pool... The only downside for us has always been the insanely busy buses. The resort also seems busier noise and people wise than Coronado. And last year, it was excluded from the fall free dining promo.

I can't speak for POFQ as it is the one mod we have never stayed at. We've just eaten the beignets at the food court, which were worth the walk from Riverside!

You will have a great vacation whatever you decide! Have fun planning! :mickey:

crazygoalie39
03-27-2015, 11:53 PM
Could someone explain why POFQ is usually excluded from promotions?

brownie
03-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Could someone explain why POFQ is usually excluded from promotions?

It's smaller and they don't have trouble filling it.

BigRedDad
03-28-2015, 11:46 AM
For me, it is Coronado Springs resort. It is very nice. There is slightly less theming. It has one of the best resort pools on property. The buses are great and you can hop on any one of them to go to the lobby.

We stayed at POR. It was a great resort. However, my experience with the buses is that it is horrible. When POFQ did not share a bus, we actually started taking POFQ buses and walking to POR. In many cases on our trip, especially at MK, we watched 4 POFQ depart with almost no one on them and 100+ people waiting in the POR line. No, this was not at park closing. It was early afternoon.