PDA

View Full Version : Birthday dinner for 3 year old boy?

Scotcelebrity
03-22-2015, 08:20 AM
We are planning a trip to the world the middle of June and need dinner ideas for our sons 3rd birthday. It will be my husband, myself, 3yo and 1yo. Trex and the Jedi dinner are already booked up :). We currently have an ADR at coral reef but is there something better? Thanks

etibbetts
03-22-2015, 08:44 AM
If you want T-Rex try calling the restaurant directly. Many people have been able to get reservations that way when it looked full on Disneys site.

My nephew has requested Crystal Palace for his birthday several times, he's a huge pooh fan.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-22-2015, 09:27 AM
Do you want a character meal or a non-character meal?

I always recommend Garden Grill, it has the best character interaction, good food, and it isn't a buffet, which can be an extra challenge with kids. :)

I also agree with the above post, if you want T-REX, give them a call, they usually have reservations they haven't released to the Disney site.

steph436
03-23-2015, 11:11 PM
I second the Garden Grill. We tried this restaurant for the first time last year based on recommendation from friends. The food was great, our son loved the moving scenery and the characters took a lot of time at each table. The food is brought to you table family style so no getting up and down with small children. In my opinion, this is a huge plus!!

mydisneygirls
03-24-2015, 09:49 AM
Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's or Mickey's Backyard Barbecue. Garden Grill wasn't for us and the food wasn't to our liking at all. In my opinion, there are much better places. Would definitely pick one of these over over Coral Reef because of the characters.

Maddie
03-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Ohana at the Polynesian is a lot of fun! and yummy food!

Kairi_7378
03-25-2015, 05:38 PM
We ate at Sanaa for DS's 3rd and 4th birthdays. It was a hit for all.

Tank3434
03-30-2015, 09:41 PM
I have to say we loved the Garden Grill on this last visit with our then 3 and 1 year old. We are also planning on celebrating a 3 year old bday there in December and Im considering Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace only because we may do the Chrstmas party that night as well but if plans change Garden Grill would be at the top! My 3 year old liked it better then play and dine at studios it was the first dinner he really enjoyed the characters...it's a tough choice tho and Im sure whatever u pick will be a great time!

disney1026
04-07-2015, 08:36 AM
My daughter celebrated her 4th birthday at Crystal Palace. They gave her a cupcake with a candle and Tigger led her on a special "birthday parade" around the restaurant. She loved it!