PDA

View Full Version : Direct to Room Parking Passes

VWL Mom
03-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Testing has begun on using your Magic Band for parking at resorts and parks starting with guests of YC/BC/BCV. Rather than a pass you will have your band scanned at the guard stand or park entrance. Other resorts will be added on a roll out basis.

Coleby
03-21-2015, 12:35 PM
This is a step in the right direction.

I wonder if they will slowly start doing this at the parking areas for the parks...can scan your band and if you are staying on property or an AP, then it turns green for you, other wise, have the money ready lol

TheDuckRocks
03-22-2015, 11:28 AM
This must be the second go round of testing. In Oct. 2013 they were doing it at Kadani Village at AKL. I didn't know they were doing it and I merrily drove up to the gate with my MagicBand on my right wrist, the gate guard was laughing his head off with me trying to use the band without removing it. :blush:

Dulcee
03-22-2015, 07:12 PM
We did this way back in January 2014 at the tree houses

SurferStitch
03-23-2015, 12:20 PM
We used our MagicBand at YC last October to open the gate at the entrance. Is this something different?

I believe we also used it at AoA in December of 2013.

Biggeek
03-23-2015, 02:07 PM
We've used our bands to park at resort for past 5 or 6 trips, since early testing, Just like the old room keys were used so not sure what they're testing, if just at resorts.

What will be the real key is for use at the theme parks. They've been able to scan / use band at resorts for a while so the absence of 'paper parking pass' was no big deal there. I think it will actually slow things down at the theme parks instead of just glancing over at the paper.. vs them stepping out, scan.. rescan.. turn wrist.. rescan.. or if its a 'scan yourself' thing like at the rides, being too far away.. my arm is too short.. and end up taking it off anyway.. then dropping it outside the car.. lol.. i can see the backups now.

What I'm hoping is the transmitters are strong enough (but I'm certain they're prob not) to just pull up, and much like IPAss tolls now, it can scan inside the car and just turn 'green' before you do anything.. THAT will be a huge time saver.