PDA

View Full Version : ADRs in Three Days!

MrPeetrie
03-18-2015, 11:15 PM
My 180-mark is this Saturday. My family picked some "challenging" requests (i.e. popular and hard to secure.)

First, which gives me a better shot at landing those hard ADRs, the web or WDW-DINE?

Second, do they both start at 6:00 a.m.? Or does the web become active sooner?

Thanks.

Fangorn
03-19-2015, 01:09 AM
The Web opens up at 6am Eastern time. The phone lines open at 7am.

Steve

MrPeetrie
03-19-2015, 08:48 AM
Thanks, Steve!

Tekneek
03-19-2015, 09:00 AM
If you want to split up your party for some meals, like two groups having breakfast at different places on the same day, you will have to call in for 1 of them. We did this on a previous trip and the system would not allow me to book it online, even when specifying different party members for each one.

snowflakegirl
03-19-2015, 10:16 PM
While the website does open at 6am Eastern, I found that the website was....less than cooperative. I kept getting error messages and despite being up and ready at 6:00, head off to work at 7:30 frustrated and with only one reservation made. I had to call a few hours later to make them. I've since had to make a few changes and was able to do several through the website, but others I had to keep going back to do because of random error messages. I know my father also has similar difficulties trying to book ADRs via the web recently.

Not that I wouldn't try the web first! Especially for those hard to get ones. I would just say have the phone ready as back up.

MrPeetrie
03-21-2015, 02:58 AM
My window opens in three hours. I was wondering: Mozilla? Google Chrome? or IE? Which browser seems to be most stable?

snowflakegirl
03-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Didn't see your question early enough to be of any help, but was wondering how it went for you. Hope you were able to get into the things you wanted.

Tekneek
03-21-2015, 01:24 PM
My window opens in three hours. I was wondering: Mozilla? Google Chrome? or IE? Which browser seems to be most stable?

In my experience, they were all equally as reliable (made no difference). The problems with this are on the back end servers at Disney.

etibbetts
03-22-2015, 08:37 AM
I would try booking online first, that hour could make a difference. My 180 day window opened up last week, at 6 am I had no issues booking however it only let me do 180+7 days, I had to call to get the next 3 days (as you should be able to book 180+10).

MrPeetrie
03-22-2015, 02:18 PM
I would try booking online first, that hour could make a difference. My 180 day window opened up last week, at 6 am I had no issues booking however it only let me do 180+7 days, I had to call to get the next 3 days (as you should be able to book 180+10).

I experienced the same problem. I found an easy "work-around" for this online and I'll post in detail about it on my next post!