PDA

View Full Version : New Parking Garage Height

FamilyBand1
03-18-2015, 09:38 PM
Does anyone know the ceiling height for the new garage?
My Ford Excursion is 7'4" high and doesn't fit in most, if any, garage structures.

Thanks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-19-2015, 08:50 PM
This is a great question!

I searched around, and couldn't find the exact height, but did find a few videos/pictures and it looks like "regular" height. Doesn't seem like it will be tall enough for your vehicle.

VWL Mom
03-19-2015, 09:18 PM
According to the hanging yellow bar at the entrance of the garage, clearance is 14'5". Google Disney Springs Parking Garage Driving Tour.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-20-2015, 09:10 AM
Yea!!! Thank you so much ... that is the one thing I didn't think to google.

I'm glad Disney thought of this ... lots of people bring bigger/taller vehicles on vacation, especially the campers.

Yo Mickey!
03-23-2015, 02:10 PM
was just there on saturday and you will definitely fit.

FamilyBand1
03-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Thanks guys! I should fit under 14'5". LOL!

Almost makes me look forward to parking at DD... ALMOST.

ThanxForNoticin
03-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Depending when you go, it seems to be a bigger problem getting TO the garage than it is getting INTO the garage. The temporary traffic patterns and parking have that place a bit of a mess in the evenings. Definitely looking forward to when they have most of that work done.

FamilyBand1
03-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Depending when you go, it seems to be a bigger problem getting TO the garage than it is getting INTO the garage. The temporary traffic patterns and parking have that place a bit of a mess in the evenings. Definitely looking forward to when they have most of that work done.

Right. I avoid the DD area completely now. I can wait until they're closer to finishing. The only luck I've had parking, within the last 10 years, was 2 years ago when I got there at 8am so I could get in line early for Chip Foose's autograph.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-27-2015, 05:29 AM
I'm so glad that you asked this question! We have a lifted F150 that needs 7ft3in, and we love driving to downtown disney. Awesome that we will fit in the garage!

hauntedmansiongirl
03-27-2015, 05:31 AM
Right. I avoid the DD area completely now. I can wait until they're closer to finishing. The only luck I've had parking, within the last 10 years, was 2 years ago when I got there at 8am so I could get in line early for Chip Foose's autograph.

Just out of curiosity, what was Chip Foose doing there? We've met him a couple times because my DH is a huge fan. I would never have thought to ever see him I'm Disney! :mickey:

FamilyBand1
03-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Chip comes during father's day weekend and does a meet & greet at one of the stores.