PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club

DANAM
03-18-2015, 04:50 PM
We are staying here in May and I know absolutely nothing about this resort. We planned on spending some time at the pool so that why I picked YC. I booked Beaches and Creme for early dinner/mid day snack. Any other tips or suggestion on things we must do? Any room suggestions?

pixiesmimi
03-18-2015, 06:20 PM
The pool at BC/YC is very nice. You are on the Boardwalk and there are a lot of things going on there at night. You can take a boat ride to HS or just around the lake. You can rent the bicycle/surries to ride around the Boardwalk. And of course, the International Gateway to Epcot is just a short walk. They have movies on the beach at night also. Cape May at BC has a character breakfast and a great seafood buffet at night. We had breakfast at the YC and it was great!

BrerGnat
03-18-2015, 06:46 PM
I would recommend asking for a room close to the lobby. There are some never ending hallways at the YC! Our room at the YC in January was in Hollywood Studios. ;)

Mitzie
03-19-2015, 08:46 AM
We have stayed at YC on 3 different occasions. Twice we were booked in a standard view club level room. When I did some research there are some standard views that over look the maintance area of the convention center and it is a less than pleasant view. I do not know what room catagory you have booked but do try and avoid those rooms. When staying cl I just requested to be as close to the lounge as possible which is the opposite direction of the maintance area.

pixiesmimi
03-19-2015, 10:47 AM
I would recommend asking for a room close to the lobby. There are some never ending hallways at the YC! Our room at the YC in January was in Hollywood Studios. ;)

LOL that is how it was when we stayed at the BC the last two times. We got our exercise before we even got out of the resort and after a long day at the parks, that is the last thing you want to do is walk that far to your room. I can't understand why they don't have elevators in more than one place in the resort so you don't have to walk that far.

Be careful on the club level also. We ended up next to the service elevator when we stayed on club level and had to listen to it all night long and all the banging. After paying that much, I was not a happy camper. So there are bad rooms on every level. Ask to be changed if it is that bad. Last year we had a balcony but it overlooked a flat roof and a view of the street so was no good to us.

SurferStitch
03-19-2015, 12:53 PM
We stayed there for the first time last October, and are returning in December!!

We got upgraded to a water view room, and had a magical view of Illumunations from our balcony. We kept wine and beer in the room, so we loved heading back before Epcot closed and enjoying a drink on the balcony while we watched. I tried to book a water view room this time, but none are available, so garden it is!! Don't care... we love this place!!

Definitely have breakfast at the Captain's Grille. One of the very best breakfasts we've ever had. They have a fantastic ala carte menu, but also an incredible buffet. Their hash browns are the best I've ever had!

We ate there 4 or 5 times on our last trip, and probably will again. We made ADR's, but we never really needed them. The restaurant was pretty empty.

We also tried Yachtsman Steakhouse for the first time, and were blown away. It was really incredible. Needless to say, we are eating there again as well.

BrerGnat
03-19-2015, 01:15 PM
I second breakfast at captain's grill. It is a great buffet and reasonable in price since there are no characters.

Also, Crew's Cup Lounge has a great beer selection and serves a wonderful steak sandwich at lunch time.

DANAM
03-19-2015, 03:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the advise.

We are booked in a Garden View room. I have no idea what that means in relation to a standard view. I assume no water view and we also don't have to see service areas? Every map I find only shows water and standard view. Its seems like the general consensus thinks we need to be close to the main elevators. I am normally a 1st floor kind of person but I'm thinking higher floor because we could potentially have a view of Epcot fireworks. We had an awesome view from AoA on New Years Eve. I know club level is 5th floor so maybe 4th.

My DH and DS are really looking forward to Starwars weekend. Is the boat transportation better than takimg the bus to and from DHS?

BrerGnat
03-19-2015, 03:57 PM
None of the garden view rooms at YC will have a fireworks view.

There is no bus to DHS, I don't think. Boat or walk. Buses will operate when the boats don't, like during thunderstorms.

AgentC
03-19-2015, 11:26 PM
I book garden view when I stay at Yacht and I have never had a service view. Usually garden view overlooks courtyards or landscaped areas. Every time we have stayed in garden we have ended up facing the the quiet pool. It is one of my favorite areas even though it is a bit of a walk from the lobby but it has easy access to the outside paths. Much of the time if we are in that area we use that access to get the boat, go to the main pool etc.

Natalie is correct there is not bus service to DHS. You have to walk, drive or take the bus.

Enjoy. Yacht is one of my favorite resorts.

jonahbear2006
03-19-2015, 11:58 PM
Boardwalk Bakery is the best bakery on property. Swing over there for lunch and get a sandwich and a desert. Beaches and Cream is fun, get a kitchen sink! at least for posterity and photos! Cape May cafe is one of our favorite disney buffets and usually make it over there if we are staying anywhere on property. If you are walkers or joggers, take the time to take the path to hollywood studios and back. It is the end of the full marathon course and a lot of fun for us to jog over there at night and back. This is our favorite resort. I don't think you will need to find much to do. Its hard to get out of that pool. My husband and I hang out in the baby area and just sit in the pool and relax. We could die happy there.