PDA

View Full Version : Just curious? Free Dining

Travelfanatic1
03-18-2015, 04:30 PM
I was wondering, if I added the Quick service dining plan to my already current reservation and free-dining comes along during my stay does Disney refund the difference if I phone and request the free dining plan and it is available or do you think they would say it's not available just because I have already made the dining reservation?:confused:
Make them now or wait to see if free dining comes along?
Sort of long winded, I hope someone understands what I am trying to get at.

Thanks Travelfanatic1

MargaretMessler
03-18-2015, 05:04 PM
I was wondering, if I added the Quick service dining plan to my already current reservation and free-dining comes along during my stay does Disney refund the difference if I phone and request the free dining plan and it is available or do you think they would say it's not available just because I have already made the dining reservation?:confused:
Make them now or wait to see if free dining comes along?
Sort of long winded, I hope someone understands what I am trying to get at.

Thanks Travelfanatic1

You can call as soon as the time period to book with free dining opens and amend your reservation. Make sure you do it as soon as it opens up as they only allow so many packages per hotel to be booked with the promo. If you have Disney visa sometimes they open it up for card members a few days earlier.

Fangorn
03-18-2015, 05:12 PM
If you have an existing reservation and free dining is offered later for your dates, you will have to cancel and re-book. Disney will not automagically convert you to the free dining special. This is true whether you have added a dining package or not.

Cancelling means that any and all funds applied toward the reservation will be refunded back to whatever payment method you used. You will then have to pay at least the required deposit on the new reservation.

Making dining reservations has absolutely nothing to do with the dining plan. Anyone can make dining reservations up to 180 days in advance. Having reservations will not preclude you from getting free dining should it be offered.

Your best option is to contact Magical Journeys (I'm a fan of Karen), have them take over your existing reservation and let them deal with any future discounts or free dining offers that may be offered.

Steve

VAdizneefan
03-18-2015, 05:20 PM
If you have an existing reservation and free dining is offered later for your dates, you will have to cancel and re-book. Disney will not automagically convert you to the free dining special. This is true whether you have added a dining package or not.

Cancelling means that any and all funds applied toward the reservation will be refunded back to whatever payment method you used. You will then have to pay at least the required deposit on the new reservation.

This isn't correct for packages. If you have a package already booked and then free dining comes out, you can convert the existing package to the new offer, based on availability at your resort. You do not have to cancel first.

You do have to contact Disney to do that though (unless you booked through a TA), it doesn't automatically convert for you.

disneyjo46
03-20-2015, 09:37 AM
Please tell me that it is correct that I will not have to cancel and rebook my package should free dining become available!!! How would that affect any ADR's or fast passes that have been booked under the original reservation?

magicofdisney
03-20-2015, 10:35 AM
Canceling a package will not cancel your dining reservations.

disneyjo46
03-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Thank goodness!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Please tell me that it is correct that I will not have to cancel and rebook my package should free dining become available!!! How would that affect any ADR's or fast passes that have been booked under the original reservation?

You do not have to cancel your package to add free dining. We've done this a number of times (sometimes on our own, more often with Magical Journey's making the change for us). We've always kept the same confirmation numbers, and the same payments.

However, if you (for some reason) cancel your package, it doesn't automatically cancel your ADR's.