PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With Magical Express?

Luv4WDW
03-17-2015, 02:28 PM
On my last trip to Disney between myself and my family we had four different groups taking Magical Express. All of us had bad experiences (some worse than others) in terms of how long it took. I was floored how long it took for my husband to arrive when I was waiting for him. Has anybody else had this experience? Did something change? (And can they change it back?! Lol! Jk)

disneymom15
03-17-2015, 03:14 PM
We've always had good experiences. Some trips we get right on a bus and depart. Some trips we get on a bus and wait for some time. Some trips we wait in line (sometimes a long line) for 20 to 30 minutes before getting on the bus. I think it all depends on your timing. Can't really complain when it's free.

olivegirl
03-17-2015, 03:24 PM
We have always had great experiences with Magical Express! The most we have ever waited for a bus is about 15 mins to our resort. We usually arrive at our resort about 30 mins later give or take a few minutes. We arrive about 1100am or so. Our luggage has been in our room no later than 3pm. Departing our resort is also on time as well!!

Luv4WDW
03-17-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm glad to hear it. Maybe something weird was going on when we were there. We've never had issues like this before, but like I said, we had 4 different (unpleasant) experiences with Magical Express over 3 different days on this trip so it made me a little concerned. I want to say my husband waited (once on the bus) for 25-30 minutes, then on the way to the hotel it took them about an hour (in the middle of the night). I don't remember how long he waited in line at the airport, but I do know he didn't walk right on the bus. We truly never complain about anything at Disney and are always just thankful to be there and know they are trying their best, but this really made us question if we should start renting a car. Like I said, maybe it was a fluke.... I'm certainly willing to give them another shot since we've had several positive experiences. Fingers crossed! :fingers:

SurferStitch
03-18-2015, 12:28 PM
We've used DME a couple times

No bad experiences, but we felt it took a long time to get to our resort (POR). We waited about 15 minutes for a bus, then another 15-20 on the bus before we left the airport.

There were 3 other resort stops before ours. I remember a passenger yelling to the driver as we were leaving one of them because the driver left a couple suitcases sitting outside the bus that belonged to someone still on the bus.

It took about and hour and 20 minutes to get to our resort. All in all it was almost a 2 hour investment. We arrived at MCO around 9:15 in the morning.

baldburke
03-18-2015, 12:58 PM
We've never experienced any significant problems. I've never clocked our departure from MCO from the Disney greeter to when the wheels start rolling at anything more than 15-20 minutes.

Once you are rolling then other problems such as traffic or where your resort is on the loop to disembark can't be controlled. We've never experienced any significant delays.

Does anyone have updates on how the I-4 construction may be impacting the trip?

i'm grumpy
03-18-2015, 01:32 PM
It seems like it does take a while. Waiting for a bus, waiting on the bus. Once or twice we didn't get our luggage tags and the airline announced the wrong carousel. :mad: But then we don't like to rent a car. :D

BriarRose0708
03-18-2015, 01:35 PM
At night ME service seems to slow down to a crawl, so that may be why you experienced some long travel times. I try to land in MCO in the morning or early afternoon whenever possible and that seems to get me on property faster. One night I was waiting for my sister, her flight landed at 9:30 pm and while she was able to go right on a bus she didn't arrive at Boardwalk until close to midnight!

i'm grumpy
03-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Yes, the flights have been late night arrivals. I hate it, but it's a 3 hour drive North to fly South. Crazy.