PDA

View Full Version : Ride Size at DL v WDW

beksy
03-17-2015, 10:32 AM
We are thinking about venturing out and trying DL next Spring but it seems so different! I've been going to WDW for so long that this seems like I'm trying to plan a trip to a foreign country. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions but my mom was worried about one thing so I thought I'd ask it first.

In WDW the rides are all very size-friendly for "pooh-sized" people. I know at other theme parks this is not as true. Is the sizing as friendly in DL on those rides or is it more of a tight squeeze if you are a larger person?

Thanks for your help! :mickey:

thads
03-17-2015, 11:39 AM
Hello fellow Pooh sized person. :cloud9:

We live in CA, and alternate between DL and DW annually. We find joys in both places, that do not exist in the other. There are also a few things, that we do not enjoy as much in one park as the other.

As for the size of attraction seating, they are pretty much aligned except for a few things. For example, Splash Mountain DL has a single row of seating, where SM DW has side by side seating. Surprisingly, I find the DL seating more comfortable for my size.

The opposite is true with Space Mountain where you sit side by side at DL. Once again I find this attraction more comfortable at DL.

The biggest issue I have my size at DL is the Merry Melody Swings (formally the Orange Zinger) where there is a weight limit that I exceed. I think Jumping Jellyfish may also have a restriction, but I am not sure. Neither of these attractions are important to me, so it is not a big deal. I just can't go on them with my kids.

tinkwest
03-20-2015, 10:51 AM
If you ask me the bobsleds on the Matterhorn are uncomfortable for any adult. But don't let that stop you if you have never ridden it. Worth a try.

Disney4us2
03-21-2015, 09:36 AM
If you ask me the bobsleds on the Matterhorn are uncomfortable for any adult. But don't let that stop you if you have never ridden it. Worth a try.

I agree, most uncomfortable. I would still ride it though. The way it's designed it feels like your knees are in your chest. Liked the design of the old bobsleds much better.