PDA

View Full Version : Favorite non-disney hotel to stay at that is in the resort area

mandaep
03-16-2015, 11:22 AM
I need some ideas on some resort areas that are non-disney to stay at in the area, that are more affordable and as close as you can get without being in Kissimmee or something.

Thank you!

buzznwoodysmom
03-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Have you tried the downtown dis.comet resorts? Those are much cheaper than the Disney resorts.

azcavalier
03-17-2015, 11:09 AM
So, we have done a couple of things.

1. We stayed at the Blue Heron Beach Resort, which is at Little Lake Bryan, just across I-4 from Downtown Disney. It was not bad....a suite that sleeps six, though two of those six people have to sleep on a pretty bad couch hide-a-bed. You'd be better off bringing an inflatable mattress. But the kitchen, master bedroom, bunkbeds, in-suite laundry, etc were all really nice. Plus it had a pretty nice pool area.

2. We used Airbnb for our last trip to rent a house. It was south of WDW, but was about a five minute drive. We got a 7 bedroom house that sleeps 14 (two master suites) for 8 days for $1400. Heated pool and hot tub. They had made a game room out of the garage. Of course it also had Wi-Fi, laundry, cable TV, etc. A smaller home would, of course, cost less. The house was in a gated resort area that also had a central clubhouse with a really nice pool and playground for the kids.

3. We're going in May for just a few days, and found some great prices at the hotels at Downtown Disney. We chose the Holiday Inn, which was $110/night. Walking distance to DTD! Can't wait to see what that's like.

buzznwoodysmom
03-17-2015, 11:59 AM
I can't edit my previous post. It was supposed to say downtown disney resorts. Lol

minnie04
03-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Buena Vista Palace!! $89.00 for a standard room two Queen beds:cloud9: Great hotel and it's right across the street from DTD.. I'm not sure I can put Travelzoo on here, but they have great deals for Buena Vista palace w/ free breakfast and no resort fees. They also offer DTD hotels along the strip. The deal is running now travel through June 30. There are some other good deals right now too check them out..:mickey: