PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest for Breakfast?

MrPeetrie
03-15-2015, 10:24 PM
Hello, InterCotees! I am six days from making ADRs and I was looking at my My Disney Experience web site for some info and I saw Be Our Guest for breakfast. Is this true? Has anyone eaten here for breakfast yet?

VWL Mom
03-16-2015, 07:27 AM
I was actually looking yesterday and breakfast was not yet offered, now today it is but no available times. This happened in January too when they put the times and menu up and then took it down. They did say they hoped to start serving at end of March so we'll see.

MrPeetrie
03-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Thanks, VWL Mom.

PopPhan
03-16-2015, 09:01 AM
I wonder if they would do this like the original lunch FP+ thing -- Send offers to people who were visiting at the time.....

I think I would enjoy that!!!!

Mitzie
03-16-2015, 09:55 AM
I saw on a food blog that rumor is they open up for reservations starting tomorrow the 17th. If so, what time does the dining reservation system start up? We will be down there in 21 days(yeah!) and would love to try this. They also posted the menu.

VWL Mom
03-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Here it is from Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/new-breakfast-starts-march-20-at-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-the-magic-kingdom-at-walt-disney-world-resort/):

Starting on March 20, Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort will begin testing a prix fixe breakfast from 8-10 a.m. daily through June 18.

The fast casual breakfast menu has a decidedly French touch; each meal begins with a pastry basket for sharing. Your entrée options include assorted cured meat and cheese served with marmalade, fresh fruit and a toasted baguette. You can also enjoy eggs Florentine served in a puff pastry shell with country ham and roasted plum tomatoes. Even the open-face bacon-and-poached-egg sandwich has Brie.

If you’re looking for something a little lighter, choose the scrambled egg whites with roasted tomatoes, multigrain croissant and fresh fruit. Or go with a vegetable quiche with mushroom, zucchini, bell pepper, onion and chive, served with seasonal fruit. The prix fixe menu will also include a selection of self-service beverages.

But the decadent start to the day is the Croissant Doughnut: a fried doughnut topped with banana caramel sauce, chocolate ganache and whipped cream. (True vacation indulgence!)

The kids’ menu includes brioche French toast with fresh fruit, scrambled eggs with Applewood bacon and fresh fruit, fruit crepes with yogurt and fresh fruit with a berry foam, cereal and oatmeal.

Guests can make reservations beginning March 17 for dates March 20 through June 18, 2015 via DisneyWorld.com/dine, the My Disney Experience app, or by calling 407-WDW-DINE. Advance reservations are encouraged. Disney Dining Plan will be accepted.

Online opens at 6AM, phones open at 7AM (EST)

Fangorn
03-16-2015, 03:07 PM
And assuming the menu that comes up on MDE is actually correct, the adult price for this $19.99. Price for kids is $11.99.

Steve

VWL Mom
03-16-2015, 04:57 PM
And assuming the menu that comes up on MDE is actually correct, the adult price for this $19.99. Price for kids is $11.99.

Steve

That is the cost quoted in the Q&A part of the blog. Seems a bit high IMO.

Disney4us2
03-16-2015, 05:42 PM
That seems a bit pricey. For just a little more you can do a character breakfast.

I have both lunch and dinner booked on 4/18. Was thinking to do a breakfast and cancel the dinner....now I am second guessing.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Wow! I just asked my family if they would be interested in breakfast, rather than the lunch we have booked (assuming it is extended past the 'test") and they were a solid "no".

I mean, that's a lot of money for breakfast ... but it will let more people get inside the castle, and there is a demand.

MrPeetrie
03-16-2015, 09:25 PM
If this is true, we're not going until September. Does that mean, this will be discontinued by then? My DW & DD12 are really excited about this, although it does seem a tad pricey.

Kenny1113
03-17-2015, 05:18 AM
I didn't see prices, but the menu looked interesting. Is this considered TS like dinner, or CS like lunch?

Melanie
03-17-2015, 06:04 AM
Easily got a reservation just now. Looking forward to trying it.

Katzateer
03-17-2015, 06:14 AM
Yes, me too. Had to cancel my only Kona morning:( so hope it is good.

VWL Mom
03-17-2015, 07:56 AM
I didn't see prices, but the menu looked interesting. Is this considered TS like dinner, or CS like lunch?

It is CS, $19.99/adt $11.99/chd

If this is true, we're not going until September. Does that mean, this will be discontinued by then? My DW & DD12 are really excited about this, although it does seem a tad pricey.

My feeling is they're testing the pricing structure and menus but breakfast in general at BOG is here to stay.

Mitzie
03-17-2015, 08:17 AM
We were also able to get a reservation for our selected morning. Does anyone know if they would have a problem with a teenager eating off the kids menu? We have encountered problems at some table service spots not letting our 14 year old DD order off the kids menu.

PopPhan
03-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Just booked a May 4th breakfast here. Figured it might be the only way I get to see the Beast's castle and I like being in the parks early!!

Mr. Smee
03-17-2015, 11:17 AM
Got a table for our stay in 9 days (yay!) Now to decide whether or not to use it. We have been to BOG for the lunch, and were not planning on hitting MK that day. To do so would require adding Hopping to the passes, and I am not sure it is a value add. Decisions decisions

Hammer
03-17-2015, 11:33 AM
$19.99 is not a bad price if you are ordering the charcuterie platter.

baldburke
03-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Just booked for 4/13! Our middle child wants to go but we didn't feel that the lunch or dinner menus would suit the tastes of our other two children. Breakfast was a great compromise. Looking forward to it!

mechanic
03-17-2015, 03:58 PM
We have never had problem ordering kids menu. Even my wife who has health issues often does kids menu

mickeys_princess_mom
03-17-2015, 07:36 PM
Easily got a reservation just now. Looking forward to trying it.

Easily got ours around 5 AM this morning, too. We are excited about it! Going next Monday morning! :mjump:

Patricia
03-17-2015, 09:53 PM
I still order off the kids menu in Disney restaurants. Never had a problem, unless it's a buffet, of course. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
03-18-2015, 06:53 PM

It is CS but you have to make a reservation. I think they are just testing it and hope they open up permanently before we get there in Sept.

Katzateer
03-20-2015, 11:52 AM
So is the banana doughnut considered an entree with a basket of pastries to go with it?. I was hoping to try the donut but that would be a little too much......need an egg dish to go with the sweets. The price didn't seem so bad- I thought the crossant doughnut was like a "dessert". Love the one at Epcot. But looks like that is your choice of one of 6 entrees?. Sounds almost like the Tonga toast- will be hard to not order!!