PDA

View Full Version : Special Offers

JoDisney
03-15-2015, 04:36 PM
When Disney has "Special Offers" on resort accommodations this Spring and early Summer, I noticed that POFQ is not included. It usually always is included in the 35% off, but not this time. I also notice Riverside IS included in the 35% off, but there are no rooms available. However, if you press the "non-discounted room" for Riverside, there are rooms available in every category.

Wilderness Lodge did not have rooms available for the 35% off for the longest time, and now it is available for this resort. Does Disney decide when it will offer these discounts on certain rooms in order to fill the rooms at the regular room rate? It sure seems like that.

Can POFQ still pop up with the 35% discount some day? I know it is a popular resort, but rooms are still available in all categories, just like POR.

VWL Mom
03-15-2015, 05:03 PM
While they may add some discounted rooms to the supply, they do not add excluded resorts.

JoDisney
03-15-2015, 05:47 PM
I just called Disney reservations and the rep. said the a resort not initially included can be later included in the special offers. Interesting.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Disney can do whatever they want, however, if a resort is selling well enough, then they won't add rooms/resorts to any discounts.

POFQ is small, and seems to be gaining popularity, and therefore seems to be excluded from offers more and more often. But, that doesn't mean it will never be added, but it is unlikely.

What is more likely, is that POR or another included resort will have additional rooms released for the promotion, if needed.

CanadianWDWFan
03-15-2015, 07:49 PM
We have never received an offer at POFQ. We have always had to change resorts to get the offer, be it free dining or discounted rooms.

JoDisney
03-15-2015, 10:15 PM
I have gotten FL resident or Passholder discounts for POFQ. In fact, they are being offered now until March 25. FQ is not offering the discount rate after that date which is what I was looking for.