PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands

SueQ
03-15-2015, 09:15 AM
We're planning a trip in October. If we are staying in a villa (booking through a DVC site other than Disney's) and then I buy our park passes through my husband's work, will we still be able to get magic bands if I link everything to My Experience?

Also, we already have magic bands from our trip last year. Do we use those again or do we get new bands?

VWL Mom
03-15-2015, 09:57 AM
Once you have the reservation number from the broker you should be able to link it to your MDE account and then be able to customize the bands and confirm the shipping address. You will link the tickets to your MDE account also. If you have bands from a previous trip they should still be active in your MDE account.

ktflisa
03-26-2015, 08:09 PM
May be a silly question, but I guess they don't die like batteries? We have ours but I have not opened them because we are not going til October. We have separate park passes and are not staying on property...I was going to open them and go ahead and link everything up but I'm afraid their "battery" will die?

ktflisa
03-26-2015, 08:57 PM
I have one more question on the magic bands. We are going with another couple, and I am in charge of all the planning, dinner ressies, fast pass + etc. We bought separate passes and bands since we are staying off property. Can I register their magic bands under my Disney experience so that when I make dinner ressies and get fast passes in advance, I have access to all 4 of us?

Help! :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-26-2015, 10:33 PM
May be a silly question, but I guess they don't die like batteries? We have ours but I have not opened them because we are not going til October. We have separate park passes and are not staying on property...I was going to open them and go ahead and link everything up but I'm afraid their "battery" will die?

They do have a transmitter in them, which will fail at some point in the future. I've heard that they should be good for 2 years (at least) though, so don't worry about it!

There isn't anything to "turn on" physically on the band anyways, so go ahead and link up if you'd like.

And, yes, you can either add them as "friends" to your MDE account, or they can create a MDE account and link it up to yours. It doesn't matter for the ADR's, you can book for as many as you'd like, but it will let you book their FP+ for everyone.

Speedy1998
03-27-2015, 12:59 PM
They do have a transmitter in them, which will fail at some point in the future. I've heard that they should be good for 2 years (at least) though, so don't worry about it!

Kind of like a cheap watch, it is easier to replace when it dies than it is to get the new battery, though I don't think you can change the battery in a magic band.

ktflisa
03-31-2015, 07:42 PM
Thanks!!