PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Question

brad817
03-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Can you request to be picked up from a location other than your hotel to travel back to the airport?

BrerGnat
03-15-2015, 08:52 AM
No.

Polynesian Dweller
03-15-2015, 12:37 PM
BreeGnat is right. You must be picked up at your hotel. DME is licensed by MCO as a hotel transfer service not a bus service. Thus it can only transfer you between MCO and your hotel.

brad817
03-22-2015, 08:56 AM
Thanks. We did request to be picked up at a different hotel than where we are staying and they told us they will accommodate that.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-23-2015, 11:30 AM
Thanks. We did request to be picked up at a different hotel than where we are staying and they told us they will accommodate that.

I have done that before, just the other way around (from the airport to a hotel where I wasn't staying). I was at BC for a few days, scheduled to fly home from MCO on Friday mid-afternoon. Due to weather issues at home, many flights were cancelled. The next flight I could get was 6:00 the next morning out of Tampa. I had already checked out of BC and was at MCO before figuring out that I couldn't get home until the next morning. I did some quick checking and learned that MK had EMH until 3:00 a.m. that night, so the Magical Express people were nice enough to take me back from MCO to Contemporary where I checked my bags at the bell stand, walked over to MK, and had fun until 3:00 a.m. (even a little later, really -- got on Splash just before 3:00 and got off at 3:12), then walked back to the Contemporary where I had a car service waiting to drive me to the Tampa airport for my 6:00 a.m. flight.

I know this went beyond the original question, but it is fun to remember this awesome boondoggle of an extra night in the parks that I had!