PDA

View Full Version : Poly DVC Grand Opening

baldburke
03-13-2015, 10:11 PM
It was reported that three longhouses, Tahiti, Rapa Nui and Tokelau, were all being converted for DVC. But are all three going to be ready for the April 1 grand opening?

VWL Mom
03-14-2015, 07:56 AM
No, they will still be working on the conversion after the grand opening. Tokelau will be the last one to be completed which has an expected end of July.

Christine
03-14-2015, 12:07 PM
I was able to book Labor Day weekend for a lake view studio (I just can't let go of the +++ points for a bungalow!)
Will that then be a theme park view ?

VWL Mom
03-14-2015, 01:18 PM
I was able to book Labor Day weekend for a lake view studio (I just can't let go of the +++ points for a bungalow!)
Will that then be a theme park view ?

Not necessarily, from what they're saying upon completion there will be about 24 theme park views total. Someone went through the room charts and suggested requesting upper floor near elevator but this can't be confirmed because no one has actually stayed there yet.

Christine
03-14-2015, 01:24 PM
Oh wow. That's good go to know. Kind of funny that they tore down the atrium waterfall to appease castle views from the lobby, then annihilated a ton of castle views from guest rooms with the bungakows. :confused:

Pirate Granny
03-14-2015, 04:08 PM
We booked lake view only because I didn't want the chance of getting a parking lot view with a standard view....so I will be requesting a high room, not for a TPV but a true lake view..we'll probably get a ferry view. :cool:

goofy for pluto
03-15-2015, 01:39 PM
When does the quiet pool refurbishment start?

VWL Mom
03-15-2015, 02:36 PM
When does the quiet pool refurbishment start?

The east pool is expected to be closed from mid April through early 2016.

baldburke
03-15-2015, 03:18 PM
Thanks again Lynn!

So both Tahiti and Rapa Nui will both be ready on 4/1?

We're excited to get back to the Poly! Our last family trip was just before the conversion started in August 2013.

:papple::papple: