PDA

View Full Version : FP+ Strategy - Will this work?

AndrewJackson
03-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Now that you can get an extra FP+ after your first three expire, I was wondering if this would work.

We will be at WDW June 13-20. I am trying to figure out a way to get a FP+ for Test Track and Soarin'.

The plan is to get a FP+ for a couple of throw aways (Imagination and Nemo) at 9:00 and 10:00 AM, then got a FP+ for Test Track at 11:00.

A few of questions:

1 - Can you get your fourth FP+ as soon as the third FP+ windows opens, or only after you use it? In other words, can I go to the kiosk at 11:01 to get the fourth FP+, then head to Test Track to use my third one.

2 - Do I have to actually use the 1st and 2nd FP+? Can we just arrive later at around 11:00, and then get the fourth FP+?

3 - Will a Soarin' FP+ be available at 11:00 on the same day?

Pirate Granny
03-13-2015, 10:06 PM
You have to use the third FP...and most likely soaring will be unavailable. TT and Soaring usually aren't available same day picks...neither is the fireworks

hope2survive
03-14-2015, 08:34 AM
You can skip the first two attractions and those fast passes will be considered expired and still get the extra ones after the TT one expires. I am not sure but I imagine you can get the 4th only after you use the 3rd or it expires, not right after the window opens.

But you will most likely not be able to get a FP for Soarin. Soarin and TT are the only two attractions at Epcot worthy of FP right now anyway, so they're likely to be gone.

If you can stand to split your party up, you can do single rider line on TT, but you miss the build your own car part.

Or get there at opening and go straight to TT and resererve Soarin as one of your picks.

Strmchsr
03-14-2015, 04:12 PM
The 4th is available only after the 3rd is used or expired.

1DisneyNut
03-14-2015, 05:55 PM
In theory it sounds like a great plan but as has been mentioned, just like dining reservations have been for years now, the popular attractions are gone and you would be extremely lucky to get one.

Basically now you get your 3 and you stand in line for everything else. That is why the other attractions that used to not have long lines do now.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Although it means an early start, the best way to ride both TT and Soarin' without much of a wait is to get a FP+ for one, and go to the other as the park opens.

If you have a group that can split up, the single rider line at TT can also help ... I know for DH it usually makes the wait decently short.

When we asked about a 4th FP+, there wasn't anything available that actually needed at FP+ at Epcot.

manutd1
03-15-2015, 01:49 AM
Yes...get 2 FP+ for VERY early int he day....Get a third....use it for something you want...Then a 4th and so on. I always have my 3rd FP to be used by 1pm. I almost always get several more after that. The only attraction that that is tough is the mine ride. But, most others always has good times pop up. You just need to keep checking and use the FP from 4 on as soon as you can...dont waste time. ALSO....dont waste a FP for POTC or HM. At least when we go....never seen a wait of more than 30 min. Thats not long enough to warrant a FP.
I love FP+ If you understand it..use it wisely and strategically.....you can be rewarded,:thumbsup:
Not: if you're third says return time...say 1:00pm to 2pm....use it at 1!! not after..thats just time wasted. And, yes....single rider lines are great.

DizneyRox
03-15-2015, 07:51 AM
In theory, it's possible. Personally, I'd do Soarin at 11 and hope for Test Track. That's your best shot, and you'd have to use the Soarin in order to get TT. Otherwise you wait till the windw ends on that at 12 something before you can try for Test Track.

I agree with everyone else though, it's probably not gonna happen, there's just not enough rides at Epcot to support what you're trying to do.

Test Track supports single rider line, you could cut your wait by doing that if the FP are gone after Soarin. Soarin doesn't really do that, at least not the standby queue.

AndrewJackson
03-15-2015, 08:04 AM
Yes...get 2 FP+ for VERY early int he day....Get a third....use it for something you want...Then a 4th and so on. I always have my 3rd FP to be used by 1pm. I almost always get several more after that. The only attraction that that is tough is the mine ride. But, most others always has good times pop up. You just need to keep checking and use the FP from 4 on as soon as you can...dont waste time. ALSO....dont waste a FP for POTC or HM. At least when we go....never seen a wait of more than 30 min. Thats not long enough to warrant a FP.
I love FP+ If you understand it..use it wisely and strategically.....you can be rewarded,:thumbsup:
Not: if you're third says return time...say 1:00pm to 2pm....use it at 1!! not after..thats just time wasted. And, yes....single rider lines are great.

Thanks. My guess is that your systems works well at MK, but not at HS or EP with tiers, and it isn't really needed AK.

manutd1
03-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Thanks. My guess is that your systems works well at MK, but not at HS or EP with tiers, and it isn't really needed AK.
Yeah..the tiers are different...I'll get soarin early....then get SSE and Mission space. All done by 1 or so. Then TT can be had and so on..
As for the studios....same. I'll get Rock and RC, Tower of Terror and then say star tours...use the last one by 230 or so...then at least get one more time on both ToT and RRC. I just use stand by line for great movie ride....star tours.. Our kids are older now...9-7 so toy story mania isn't as important. But, even it...will be about a 30 min wait.....late in the evening..or so.