PDA

View Full Version : Coolest Summer Ever Event May 22-23,2015

Tink1
03-11-2015, 09:07 AM
WDW – “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort
Walt Disney World Resort will kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” with a 24-hour special event (6 a.m.-6 a.m.) May 22-23, 2015 at the Magic Kingdom Park. Guests will be invited to come in costume to show their Disney Side while they enjoy favorite attractions, entertainment, special event merchandise, Disney character meet and greets, dance parties and more.

“Coolest Summer Ever” highlights include:

• Frozen Fun – “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with the citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7, 2015 – including a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a Frozen fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.

• Cool Thrill Rides – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom; Test Track presented by Chevrolet and Soarin’ at Epcot; Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

• Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios May 15-June 14, 2015.

• New Restaurants and Shopping – New waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.

• Epcot Entertainment – New entertainment acts in World Showcase

• A Splash at Water Parks – Guests can purchase a one-day water park ticket and park-hop between the two water parks in the same day that both are open.

And, on the West Coast, Disneyland Resort will kick off the summer with a 24-hour event of its own, May 22-23, 2015, to launch the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. This all-day/all-night party will include dancing, special character appearances, enchanting Diamond décor, as well as exciting shows and attractions.

Melanie
03-11-2015, 01:34 PM
I'm missing exactly what's new and exciting about this "coolest summer ever." :confused:

BrerGnat
03-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Enough with the Frozen already. Doesn't Disney realize they had ANOTHER hit movie just win an Oscar?

joonyer
03-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Enough with the Frozen already. Doesn't Disney realize they had ANOTHER hit movie just win an Oscar?

I loved Big Hero 6, but Baymax does not look good in a princess gown and tiara.

DANAM
03-13-2015, 10:54 AM
We arrive on the 23rd. Is this overnight event worth bumping our trip up one day for? We drive so we wouldn't arrive to the parks until after 5 pm on the 22nd. We would really just be taking advantage of the over night activities?

Boost
03-22-2015, 11:23 AM
We have been to MK for the 24 hour event before. Bad, bad idea to do it during Memorial Day weekend.

Main Street was so packed that we could not move, literally.

You would think that they learn from past mistakes, but it looks like that is not the case.

DANAM
03-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Thats kinda of what I figured. I'm going to leave my plans like they are.

joanna71985
03-22-2015, 09:57 PM
I can't wait for the 24-hour event! It'll be my third one