PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary Trip!

azcavalier
03-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Our 20th Anniversary is at the end of April, but we were not planning to do anything other than go out to eat because of other commitments we have.

Our oldest child is graduating high school in May, and then will leave for two years to go on a mission (we don't know where yet). So we have to buy plane tickets for grandparents to come for his graduation and Eagle Scout Court of Honor. Then, in June, we're flying the family (five of us) out to southern Utah to spend a week at the National Parks there (Zion, Bryce, etc) before he leaves.
So, needless to say, money is a bit tight.

But on Saturday, I was cleaning the bedroom and found my AP discount card, and noticed that it shows the exp. date for the AP is the end of May. I commented to my wife that it was a shame we had these valid APs that we couldn't use anymore.

And she got this gleam in her eye.

And we fired up the laptop and looked for hotel deals at DTD. Found the Holiday Inn for $110/night. Got a rental car from Enterprise for $100 for three days. Got plane tickets (round trip for both of us) for $400.

We're going to Disneyworld! Yeah, it's only for three days, but we're going! 20th Anniversary is ON, people!

eam
03-09-2015, 12:05 PM
How awesome - for everything! The trip, your family's accomplishments, and the anniversary. Have fun, and congratulations!

disneymom15
03-09-2015, 12:42 PM
That's awesome, love those spur of the moment trips!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-09-2015, 04:04 PM
How awesome! Enjoy the last-minute "bonus" trip!

goofygirl64
03-09-2015, 04:55 PM
I'm so happy for you! Have a magical anniversary:dance:

brownie
03-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Congrats and enjoy!

Disney4us2
03-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Congrats and have a great time. I loved Zion and Bryce. So beautiful. Maybe your son will get his mission in my area. I'm in the Citrus Ridge ward.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-10-2015, 12:44 AM
Congrats!! Have fun.

azcavalier
03-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Congrats and have a great time. I loved Zion and Bryce. So beautiful. Maybe your son will get his mission in my area. I'm in the Citrus Ridge ward.

Very possible! Personally, I want him to go to a developing nation, but at the very least I would like him to go foreign. Learn a new language, experience a new culture. Though I guess he can do that right here in the U.S. We'll see in April/May!